Power Commander V Question

Salty

Registered
OK, So I am picking up my PCV this afternoon but my Brocks Alien Head 2 won't be arriving in time for the Eureka Springs Meet and Greet. I am trying to find out if theirs any benefits or good reasons to install the PCV right away despite the fact my Brock's Exhaust will not be here for a few more weeks.

Also if I do install the PCV is their anything I need to worry about in doing so on a stock bike?

Is their any maps for a stock bike I can load to gain anything from having the PCV on the bike before the Brocks?

I have been trying to search the forums and cannot seem to find a good answer about PCV on a stock bike.

Thanks in advance.

BTW after the Brocks gets here and is installed it will be tuned at Smithers Customs in Olathe KS.

I'de go ahead and install it, but only to save time from doing it later.
There's no benefit to having it on there or loading a base map on a stock bike.

OK so just picked it up and its missing the 02 Optimizer..so time to call Dynojet...
Apparently its installed with the factory maps so I can go ahead and install it it appears and will not cause any harm.

You have got to love the folks at Dynojet, I called and let them know the situation with the PCV I picked up sealed new in box missing parts...they are free 2 day shipping me the missing pieces...should have the PCV installed by the weekend...wish I was gonna be able to my Brocks on too but its not quite here yet.. :(

At least you'll save yourself the install time later. Once your pipe is installed you can load a map in from Brock's website until you decide to tune further.

At least you'll save yourself the install time later. Once your pipe is installed you can load a map in from Brock's website until you decide to tune further.

Ya as soon as the pipes and block off plates are installed its into the back of the truck and off to smithers customs...

Is their any pro's/cons to purchasing the LCD Display for the PCV, I mean once I have had my bike tuned do I really need to see any output from the unit again? Or is this more a tool for show than anything else?

Power Commander LCD Unit

Is their any pro's/cons to purchasing the LCD Display for the PCV, I mean once I have had my bike tuned do I really need to see any output from the unit again? Or is this more a tool for show than anything else?

Power Commander LCD Unit

I all depends. The LCD display does have a touch screen to change some settings. Also has the data logger (I'm sure there are better loggers out there). The biggest advantage I see with the LCD unit is the actual A/F ratio display. The tach, speedo, etc to me is just for show as you can't really read all that very well in the daylight anyway. It does look pretty cool at night time with the dash lit up though.the

To answer your question...to a serious racer who has the needed gauges and a set tune, the LCD is a bit more of a bling item.

Fast forward to 5:17 in the vid

Welcome

PS I have the auto tune mod so it's nice to have the live display to make sure something does not go out of wack

Again, gauges can probably be viewed easier in the daylight

Back