Hi all from scotland

garfield123

Registered
:laugh: Hi all, well after three years away i am currently doing a deal on buying my fourth hayabusa, :beerchug::thumbsup::thumbsup: i have had two gen 1,s and a gen 2 this is also a gen 2 in orange/black in my opinion the best colour , my last one was that colour too, since selling it i,ve had a fazer 1000, a zx12r , another fazer 1000, an 06 r1 and currently a Z1000, none of them are bad machines but once you,ve had a busa nothing compares , so hopefully the dealer can get the finance side of it sorted and then its back to the ultimate bike :laugh: hope to hear from you all,

Martin

Congrats and welcome to the oRg!!

Post up some pics of your past Busas!! :rulez:

Hi all, well deal done today :thumbsup: got £5500 for my 2010 Z1000 against the busa, hope to pick up from gloucester next saturday, a 304 mile trip from my home in scotland , can,t wait , be a tremendous journey :laugh: keep you all posted on how it goes , Martin

:laugh: Hi all, well after three years away i am currently doing a deal on buying my fourth hayabusa, :beerchug::thumbsup::thumbsup: i have had two gen 1,s and a gen 2 this is also a gen 2 in orange/black in my opinion the best colour , my last one was that colour too, since selling it i,ve had a fazer 1000, a zx12r , another fazer 1000, an 06 r1 and currently a Z1000, none of them are bad machines but once you,ve had a busa nothing compares , so hopefully the dealer can get the finance side of it sorted and then its back to the ultimate bike :laugh: hope to hear from you all,

Martin

Wow.. that's a lot of 'busa history.

Question, do the fazer 1000 and '06 r1 both have Yamaha's throttle by wire? I rented an R6 last year (a 2012 model I think) and found it very stressful for everyday street riding. The throttle felt like it was either on or off, with very little middle ground. Sort of turned me off to Yamaha.

I'm pleased with how gentle my 'busa is at slow speeds, but also how crazy it can be when you command it to be. Also, having to take the freeways around here in the San Francisco Bay Area, often i'm going "slow" at 70 - 75 mph in the right (slower) lanes. Having the big bike with fairings, really keeps me feel planted and not stressed out.

Hi, Thanks all !! in reply to the question regarding the fly by wire throttle, i had the gen 1 model of fazer ( the carb model ) so no fly by wire throttle but my 06 R1 did have, found it very sensitive but never a problem, was a great bike ! :laugh:

Quick update on the busa, had a deal all set up finance in place but seeing the busa was over 300 miles away i got the deealer to send detailed pics , i was,nt pleased at what i saw,for a one owner bike with 8k on clock it had a lot of scuffing and wear and tear on the bodywork, there was even paint worn off the frame and swingarm! so that deal was undone and deposit returned, so now i have a deal on a black/blue k8 with gold wheels and a full yoshimura 4-1 system on it. very nice condition. deal done, just waiting on the finance being approved, hopefully get that deciscion today and get bike by saturday if all works out :thumbsup:

UPDATE !!!! :beerchug: Deal all done finance in place, pic new busa up on saturday :cheerleader: cannot wait, collect from the city of york one of my favourite uk cities , look forward to it :thumbsup: weather meant to be in the mid 20,s too .....

Well picked up the busa on saturday :thumbsup: rode 165 miles down to york on the Z1000 and it took three hours , weather was melting ! 30 degrees so perfect bike weather :laugh: did all the finance stuff then took a wander into the city centre for lunch, fabulous , sat for a couple of hours taking it all in before collecting the busa for a 170 mile ride home, we stayed off the motorways ( was with a friend on a fazer 1000 ) took all the Aroads, tremendous crun , bike is awesome ! especially with the yoshi R55 on it . will post pics asap :beerchug:

Hi all, had a great run out with the boys yesterday, hartside cafe in cumbria, a real biking mecca, anyway the busa was awesome as ever , just a quick question, it has a full yoshimura R55 system on it, is it neccessary to put a power commander on it? what bennefits will this give? Martin:thumbsup:

:laugh::laugh: Yes thats a scottish saying :thumbsup: some superb biking roads over here ! can anyone tell me info re the R55 pipe on the busa? does it need a power comander ECU remap? :confused2::confused2:

Back