First Mod on an '03 'busa

Adeintokyo

Registered
Hello, ladies (maybe) and gentlemen.
Boring post here and sorry to ask noob questions, but hey, I am a noob.

Just got my hands on a second hand 2003 'busa. It has minor mods already done to it. All really aesthetically aimed more that performance. Does have a Yoshimura Exhaust fitted.

My question.
I was wondering what modifications/alterations you would recommend to start off with.
Cant drop a ton of cash but in the realms of $2000 or $3000 dollars wouldn't hurt.

Was thinking about Mag wheels but that would be my budget done for a while. Would an enhanced ECU be a better way to go? Really not sure, very new to biking (only been riding around a year or so). Engine size cannot be altered (Living in Japan, and laws forbid it) but polishing and replacement parts are ok, as long as they meet the emission laws(i will looking into any mods before carrying out so not to worry) but engine capacity cannot be increased.

The other option would be to upgrade the suspension or brakes. But a set of brembos cost the same as Mag wheels, so who should I give my money to, the computer guy, the wheel guy, the engine guy, or the brakes guy?

So if I am going to buy something, which do you guys (& girls) think would give me a better bike for my buck.

1 Mag wheels
2 New brakes
3 New front forks
4 Upgraded ECU + tuning?
5 Engine overhaul type upgrade (valves and polishing)

If it runs good and does not smoke, dont worry about the engine. How is the tranny? Shifts smooth and no 2nd gear issues I would leave the tranny alone. Never hurts to upgrade brakes and lines. You could have the ECU flashed and tuned. Suspension is always money well spent and get it set up for your weight. Mag wheels would be last on my list. Welcome to the oRg! :welcome:

Welcome to the oRg!! :thumbsup:

First, :rulez: state you must post pics of your Busa :D Second, yes, we have some female riders here, including yours truly. I have an '03, bought it brand new...it's been a great bike!

I'm with twotonevert, if you really want to look in to spending some $$, brakes and lines would be a great place to start if the motor and tranny are sound. You've already got the exhaust covered.

Let's see your new toy so we can come up with other ideas :)

Welcome...
My recommendations:
Brake and Clutch masters and reseviors
Calipers and Rotors
Forks/Shock
Wheels

Where abouts in Japan? ALSO - Pics or Ban! J/K... kind of... LOL

Fit a Brocks exhaust on that puppy, have the ECU unleashed , and the bike dyno tuned. You should have some change, mount some EBC Pro Extreme pads up front.

What is your vision for the bike? Looks? Street vs. Track? Touring? To a large extent, this will drive the mods you will need/benefit from. Meanwhile,
1. invest in good riding gear (disregard if you have already done so)
2. set suspension for your weight/riding style
3. enroll in a riding class

What is your vision for the bike? Looks? Street vs. Track? Touring? To a large extent, this will drive the mods you will need/benefit from. Meanwhile,
1. invest in good riding gear (disregard if you have already done so)
2. set suspension for your weight/riding style
3. enroll in a riding class

^This

Back