Oberon Bar End Mirrors

piratediverjefff

Registered
Ordered a pr. of their 60mm on Sat.(from the UK,$144.95 U.S.)and they arrived this morning.Really well made pieces and can mount in several positions(that's what she said:laugh:).Look way better(to me)than those fugly OEM and appear to be functional(I can actually see out of them:laugh:).

OberonMirrors005_zpsbb92c91a.jpg

OberonMirrors004_zps1d56a905.jpg

OberonMirrors003_zps4cf6f663.jpg

OberonMirrors002_zps0e60906c.jpg

Thanks guys,they're growin' on me.I've ran block offs for the last 6 years but a few close calls lately coming back from bike nights(crowded SoCal freeways where most everyone drives like idiots)prompted me to either put the stockers back on or try these so I took the plunge.They're really not as obtrusive or as noticeable as they appear in these pictures as these are close up shots to show how cleanly they mount(I'd still rather run block offs but I figure these are the lesser of three evils I've managed to elude so far;gettin' run over[I've been run over twice by careless cagers but not because I didn't have any mirrors:laugh:],a ticket,or the OEMs).These also offer the options of coming straight out the end of the bar weight or from below the grip.

I really like bar end mirrors. I can see much better with them than any other mirrors I've tried.
I can focus on them quicker and they have a larger field of view, even with smaller surface area.
I put them on my Busa and Bking, and the next bike I buy will get them too(gsxr1000 streetfighter).
I used cheapo's that worked fine, but I know Oberon makes high quality stuff, I know they are better.
Your bike looks great:beerchug:

Very nice! Mine are that style too, but they are the Hong Kong/eBay ones. I mounted mine out the end because I didn't like how close to my grips they were when mounted out the top. I really like them. Block off plates are sexy too! :D

I really like bar end mirrors. I can see much better with them than any other mirrors I've tried.
I can focus on them quicker and they have a larger field of view, even with smaller surface area.
I put them on my Busa and Bking, and the next bike I buy will get them too(gsxr1000 streetfighter).
I used cheapo's that worked fine, but I know Oberon makes high quality stuff, I know they are better.
Your bike looks great:beerchug:

Thank you bro:thumbsup:

Very nice! Mine are that style too, but they are the Hong Kong/eBay ones. I mounted mine out the end because I didn't like how close to my grips they were when mounted out the top. I really like them. Block off plates are sexy too! :D

I still may have to tweak them a bit(so far only have them focused on the house across the street:laugh:).Tried the clearance with my gloves on and seems to be fine but will road test this morning.:thumbsup:

I had one back in the day, but I mounted it under the hand grip :poke:

improved aeros I imagine as well. :thumbsup:

Haven't tried these under the grip yet,only because a friend had his like that and at full steering lock(while stopped)the mirror would hit his leg(but I may have to try it now dad:laugh:).

Haven't tried these under the grip yet,only because a friend had his like that and at full steering lock(while stopped)the mirror would hit his leg(but I may have to try it now dad:laugh:).

Correction,the mirror on the friend's bike would just touch his FAIRING at full lock,not his leg(and that was on a ZX-14)...figured I'd fix this before someone called me on it.:laugh:

It lQQks badazz, do it, step back and look at it, take a few pix, that's right , pull that dayum baffle, and ride out brother. No angry music, you'll get arrested with all that going ........

For those of you on the fence about Bar end mirrors I would suggest you grab a Chinese knockoff set from ebay. Costs less than $50 and hold up pretty well :thumbsup: That way you can see if they are for you or not and you don't have to drop a lot of $$$.

For those of you on the fence about Bar end mirrors I would suggest you grab a Chinese knockoff set from ebay. Costs less than $50 and hold up pretty well :thumbsup: That way you can see if they are for you or not and you don't have to drop a lot of $$$.

I ran those cheap eBay ones and it was a waste of my $50. You get what you pay for...
I bought these also and they are quality. I wish I hadn't wasted $50 for something that only last a month.

Back