Fall Over Damage - Best source for OEM '09 Fairings/Cowl/misc parts?

BMEPdoc

Registered
Hello gentlemen,
My new-to-me '09 Pearl Splash White Hayabusa is in need of several parts after an unfortunate fall over incident. I had it on its sidestand, warming up in front of my home on a very slight incline while I was putting on my riding gear when I hear a most dreadful ttthhhuunnnkk. Immediately knowing what must have occurred I ran out to find it lying on its left side, still running before finally dying. Needless to say, I was rather kerfuffled. For the past couple decades I've followed my warm up routine with other machines sans any such catastrophe. Fortunately, my brother had just arrived and helped me stand up the felled machine and we assessed the damage which is considerable. Both left side white and silver fairings along with the front cowl and turn signal (pod?) as well as the mirror, clutch lever, bar end, stator cover, muffler, and footrest require replacement.

After my stun subsided and upon closer scruitiny we concluded simple physics and the sidestand were key components in the mishap. The street is at an approximate 2-3% downhill grade and coupled with the considerable mass of a mobile quarter ton leaning on a sidestand that is pretty close to an 90 degree perpindicular plane, then adding the harmonic amplitude of a running motor and....voila! If only the sidestand had more of a forward pitch. Ahhh, but I digress:

The bike is fully insured though I'd rather take care of this out of pocket than file a claim as I have several other motorcycles on a multi-bike policy and shudder to think about the rate increase. I will not settle for anything aftermarket though used OEM is fine as long as it is absolutely pristine and blemish free. My kids have been busy web searching the list of parts through various OEM dealer sources and have come up with a figure somewhere north of $1100. If that's what its inevitably going to take then so be it, but then I thought about you wonderful folks and your collective endless resources - hence my post. Perhaps there's an OEM supplier or Suzuki agency/dealership offering discounts to forum members?

I thank you all most kindly in advance for your advice and input in steering me in the proper direction.

regards,
Jozef

Yeah, ouch, sorry to hear about the drop. You convinced me to do the kickstand mod before I even fire up the bike first time for the season. I had my 06 roll forward in my driveway once and had to gently set it down, minimal damage, but still a drag. Took about 15 minutes out in the freezing cold, but the angle looks better now.

This has happened to me after 6 years of ownership! Its a sinking feeling. Mine was $4200 in damage. Gen 1. My insurance tried to total from a fall over. I had to fight for about a month to keep that from happening.

Honda East treated me better than anyone else on fairing prices.

I cant give you any better advice, sorry about the tip over. Call Honda East for replacements, and do the kick stand mod.

I tell you what guys, I've owned two Busi, an '06 that I lowered 1 1/2 up front and 2 in the rear, never bent the kickstand or cut it. The bike nearly stood straight veritcal. I always park them in 1st gear and make sure I kick the kick stand to lock. You always have to consider how to park when it's not level. OEM can't be beat. Make sure the fairing stays are alright too.

Hello gentlemen,
My new-to-me '09 Pearl Splash White Hayabusa is in need of several parts after an unfortunate fall over incident. I had it on its sidestand, warming up in front of my home on a very slight incline while I was putting on my riding gear when I hear a most dreadful ttthhhuunnnkk. Immediately knowing what must have occurred I ran out to find it lying on its left side, still running before finally dying. Needless to say, I was rather kerfuffled. For the past couple decades I've followed my warm up routine with other machines sans any such catastrophe. Fortunately, my brother had just arrived and helped me stand up the felled machine and we assessed the damage which is considerable. Both left side white and silver fairings along with the front cowl and turn signal (pod?) as well as the mirror, clutch lever, bar end, stator cover, muffler, and footrest require replacement.

After my stun subsided and upon closer scruitiny we concluded simple physics and the sidestand were key components in the mishap. The street is at an approximate 2-3% downhill grade and coupled with the considerable mass of a mobile quarter ton leaning on a sidestand that is pretty close to an 90 degree perpindicular plane, then adding the harmonic amplitude of a running motor and....voila! If only the sidestand had more of a forward pitch. Ahhh, but I digress:

The bike is fully insured though I'd rather take care of this out of pocket than file a claim as I have several other motorcycles on a multi-bike policy and shudder to think about the rate increase. I will not settle for anything aftermarket though used OEM is fine as long as it is absolutely pristine and blemish free. My kids have been busy web searching the list of parts through various OEM dealer sources and have come up with a figure somewhere north of $1100. If that's what its inevitably going to take then so be it, but then I thought about you wonderful folks and your collective endless resources - hence my post. Perhaps there's an OEM supplier or Suzuki agency/dealership offering discounts to forum members?

I thank you all most kindly in advance for your advice and input in steering me in the proper direction.

regards,
Jozef

Gonna be hard to beat $1100 for all those parts. Don't forget you'll need to purchase several heat shields as well. Some come with some don't. If you had parked the bike in the opposite direction you would have been fine. The stand may not have been kicked completely to stop as well. Very sorry about this mishap. I have fortunately read so many post like this that I'm very careful about parking. Your assessment is spot on or close anyway.

Feel free if you have looked all parts up and have the numbers with cost. Inbox me we do all brands of oem.

Thanks for the input gents. Just discovered my son in laws brother is a principal of some kind at Bert's Mega Mall down in California. The best pricing my kids could find was through Ron Ayers in North Carolina which totaled almost $1,200. Parts have been ordered through my distant relative by marriage for $997.63 to my door.

regards,
doc

Thanks for the input gents. Just discovered my son in laws brother is a principal of some kind at Bert's Mega Mall down in California. The best pricing my kids could find was through Ron Ayers in North Carolina which totaled almost $1,200. Parts have been ordered through my distant relative by marriage for $997.63 to my door.

regards,
doc

Which parts did you end up ordering? Just curious

Which parts did you end up ordering? Just curious

I didn't receive an individual part cost breakdown, he only asked I email him photos of the damage and he'd take care of the rest.

1 ea - 94460-15H11-YBD
" - 94480-15H10-YMD
" - 94401-15H10-YBD
" - 11351-24F00
" - 11483-24F00
" - 43521-44G10
" - 09139-06126
" - 94681-15H00-YBD
------------------------------------

special discount total on parts - $997.63 delivered via UPS

My kids ended up finding the miscellaneous other parts, like lever, mirror, muffler, etc. somewhere on the net.

regards,
-doc

Last edited:
I've shared that same pain =(

Glad you found the hook up. I've search online and the best prices thus far was suzukipartshouse.com. This was for upper cowling (nose), L side and under cowling, all three cushions, two heat shields, L side rear tail for just under $1200. Expensive mishap indeed.

Back