For SixPack.... TLR VS GSXR1K

Just now seeing this thread.... I MISS my 01 TLR somthing awful!!!! I sold it after I crashed and felt it wasn't wirth the $1500 it needed to bring back to mint, but that was a mistake... The Yoshi pipes were the most impressive sounding machine I have ever heard..

I also currently have an 06 GSXR 1K that I will NEVER make the mistake of getting rid of. She, too, is very special. Performance wise, obviously the gsxr blows the TL away; however, it doesn't turn heads like the TL...

My 01. First bike I dragged a knee with on the dragon
100_4580.jpg

100_4576.jpg

And my current beloved 06:
IMAG0252.jpg

This thread will never die....... long live thr tl
I didnt want the thread to die I just wanted to stop seeing it because it would make me go in some boxes and now I have
Long live the til...... ok LONG LIVE the GSXR 1000 ..........
Dang I miss u

20140210_135937.jpg

She shoooo was pretty... Remember the early 2000's when we'd even cover the headlights for better looks? ROFL

208328_1021078701502_9752_n.jpg

208328_1021078701502_9752_n.jpg

I had a RC51 which completely outclassed the overweight TL .

sorry but when I rode the TL after owning the 51, the TL was a total dog...

Try this on a TL....

Ben.jpg

BB

Friend of mine has an RC51. I'd never pick one over a TLR. 2nd most uncomfortable bike I've ever ridden. And if you think the TLR is hot..

The TLR and the RC51 have the exact same 1/4 mile times, the TL has 2hp advantage over the RC51 (barely nothing) and it weighs 7lbs more (whoopie)

The TL is by no means a pig compared to the RC51.

Friend of mine has an RC51. I'd never pick one over a TLR. 2nd most uncomfortable bike I've ever ridden. And if you think the TLR is hot..

The TLR and the RC51 have the exact same 1/4 mile times, the TL has 2hp advantage over the RC51 (barely nothing) and it weighs 7lbs more (whoopie)

Word!

Yeah the old ones do still look good. Here's some more pics of my old girl. :laugh:

6.jpg

coolrear800x600.jpg

frontsweet800x600.jpg

My '05 was no ugly duckling either though.. :thumbsup:

DCP_1108.jpg

Drive2.jpg

6.jpg

coolrear800x600.jpg

frontsweet800x600.jpg

DCP_1108.jpg

Drive2.jpg

Now you've got me diggin' through old pics... Here's some more of the 'ol TL...

P8250153.jpg

P8250157.jpg

P8250159.jpg

P8250160.jpg

My buddy's old SRAD. I was SOOOOO in love with this bike when he had it...
Back when bikes looked good to me. Loved the 90's for sportbikes.

P8250173.jpg

P8250153.jpg

P8250157.jpg

P8250159.jpg

P8250160.jpg

P8250173.jpg

Dang Bots you had a sweet azz loking TL :bowdown:

Can't believe you parted with it :banghead:

IMO a machine like that deserves a permanent spot in the garage :rulez:

Dang Bots you had a sweet azz loking TL :bowdown:

Can't believe you parted with it :banghead:

IMO a machine like that deserves a permanent spot in the garage :rulez:

That was back in the period of my life that I got a new bike every 2 years. The TLR was replaced by the '02 1K... At the time there was NO looking back. That '02 Gsxr was the fastest thing I'd ever been on, and I was hooked. Should have never traded that one in on the '05 though, that's when things started to change for me.

I was torn between the '05 1K and the '05 Busa. I even took pics of the busa at the Motorcycle show. After seeing the Gix 1k at the show, I was sold. I ordered it the next week. Never was totally sold on the '05 1K it was too small for me. If it weren't for that bike I would have never gotten out of sportbikes for the 2 years I was out of it. And I certainly wouldn't have wanted a cruiser. :laugh:

Here's the pics I found from the '05 International Motorcycle Show. This baby could have been mine. And should have been. :down:
dcp_0976.jpg

dcp_0977.jpg

dcp_0976.jpg

dcp_0977.jpg

Hell I don't blame you Bots, hindsight is always 20/20 :whistle:

I remember those 02 gsxr 1000's! They were absolute Nightmares :hide: everybody who had a sportbike wanted 1 cause they were tired of getting passed like they were stuck in neutral.

Those bikes had everybody talking the way BMW has everybody talking about the HP4's now :rulez:

Back then those bikes were invincible.... nothing else remotely compared :bowdown:

The RC51 was a production racebike and the chassis was twice as good as the TL. Nobody raced the dog for a reason.

Yes, it was the most uncomfortable streetbike I ever rode, but with a twin full yosh system and mapping it would leave a stock TL for dead! I wish I recorded a sound file before i sold it.

BB

"Nobody raced the dog for a reason."

Steve Crevier and Larry Pegram raced the TLR in 1998 Pro AMA. The reason they didn't continue was the amount of money stuck into it didn't warrant the change. Honda had twice the R&D money for racing than Suzuki in the 90's.. Where's Honda now?

teamtl.jpg

Back