A diamond in the ruff

dangeroustyz

Registered
Hello everybody. I am new to this site and to being a Busa owner. Grew up from an R1 to an RC51 to my 2006 hayabusa. This bike has alot of potential and has had a good start. But has been poorly mistreated. It has rear brake set up missing. Oil drain plug stripped. Shifter lever loose (chrome) front tire leaks. Motor is strong. I got it at a steal. It need alittle tlc but all and all its a fantastic machine. Im going through it top to bottom to make it 100%. I'll post update and anybody in Atlanta Ga That wants to give input let me know thanks.

IMG_20140113_121543_242.jpg

IMG_20140118_155750_064.jpg

IMG_20140113_173223_545.jpg

Minor stuff really. Shifter lever was loose making it hard to shift. Its chrome and rigged. I ordered stock one to get parts from. Overflow tank leaked. Fixed that. Front tire needs replacing. No big deal. Main thing is rear brake caliper and bar is missing. Its extended 6" maybe they took it off. I have line and now a pedal I got when I orderrd shifter. So far that's all I found.

Well except for the neon wiring mess. But that's no biggie. I did automotive wiring for 15+ years. Easy fix. Hey its it wise to run an open exhaust? The mufflers are cut off.

a buck fifty?

i will give u 3 bucks as is...:laugh:

no questions asked.. where in today's economy can u double your money and not invest anything...:lol:

just kidding , great project.. enjoy it...
:beerchug:

pretty bike...i wouldnt put stock parts back on it...replace the missing or loose or broken parts with goodies that will match the machine....Apparently you have the money as you sure didnt spend it on the bike!

At least it looks clean under the fairings!

Most bikes I see are filthy...... It makes me sick to see how some people treat their stuff.

Thanks for the welcome guys...I'm getting everything worked out. Will be ready for Mrytle Beach bike week.in May. As far as parts I will need rear caliper and a brake bar for extended swing arm. I got a couple I'm eyeing on eBay. One more thing.....why do people run shorty exhaust if its not good for motor? Thanks again and good rYdes ahead..

they think the shorty exhaust sounds good....on a gen 1 it makes you lose power...on gen 2 not as much as its a little different set up with cat converter still providing some back pressure.

Back