3rd Busa, back on forums.

MokuTheCow

Registered
I've been away travelling for a few years, but now that I'm back in the US full time, I just had to pick up another Hayabusa. Early last year I got a white 2012. I'm not much of a group rider, just kind of do my own thing. Now that my little brother picked up his first motorcycle and I have a riding partner, I've been interested in actually putting some cash into performance upgrades. We are toying with the idea of 200 mph; I'm mostly back to see what kind of investment I will need to be doing to get there. Thanks for the knowledge everyone!

IMG_1309.jpg

Less than $2K. A Brocks pipe , unleash the ECU and get it dyno tuned to perfection and +200 / 205 shouldn't be an issue. They've been doing it since 2008.

:welcome: back

Thanks for the welcome back everyone.

welcome back! love the rc-51 RVT an absolute classic.:beerchug:

I took it out for a spin, it definitely is a fun bike. But probably a terrible bike for a first time street rider. :(

On gen2 don't you have to drop a tooth or two to reach it? Or a 55 profile tire

Based on everything I am reading, I believe you are correct with this.

Less than $2K. A Brocks pipe , unleash the ECU and get it dyno tuned to perfection and +200 / 205 shouldn't be an issue. They've been doing it since 2008.

That, and some weight loss on my end is in order before my attempt. :laugh: Last on my list of things to research is the right sprocket/chain combo, I'm having a hard time finding someone who has done the run and documented the brand of equipment used. Also, instead of Brock pipes I'm looking at the Yosh R77s. Still refining my list before I pull the trigger on purchasing.

Thanks all!

Thanks for the welcome back everyone.

I took it out for a spin, it definitely is a fun bike. But probably a terrible bike for a first time street rider. :(

Based on everything I am reading, I believe you are correct with this.

That, and some weight loss on my end is in order before my attempt. :laugh: Last on my list of things to research is the right sprocket/chain combo, I'm having a hard time finding someone who has done the run and documented the brand of equipment used. Also, instead of Brock pipes I'm looking at the Yosh R77s. Still refining my list before I pull the trigger on purchasing.

Thanks all!

From researching the sites Yosh is not the way to go for performance, their race line of pipes only produce a meager 8 HP. Got Busa would be a good one to research, Josh has written a lot about doing this. You might not have to mess with the sprockets because when you unleash the ECU most people raise the rev limit. The stock Gen II tops out around 193. Josh weighed 190 from memory when he did this.

That's why I was always a fan of those bikes. Honda built those bikes with 1 purpose in mind.... 2 win races period :whistle: back in the day there was nothing on the track that could keep up with it and they kinda had the same mystique that the busa carried where "normal" riders were a bit intimidated by the potential speed & power.

Even though they have since been phased out I still want 1 and get excited when I hear that V-twin dual pipe sound. If I can come across a RC51 SP2 Nicky Hayden special edition I would buy it in a heart beat just because it has always been "that bike" I've always wanted in my stable :thumbsup:

Love the SP! Ive had an SP2 and loved it. Great bike! Lil bit on the porky side but the bike handles great. GRIN END TO END AGAIN AND AGAIN! Nice Busa too!

Ok I gotta give it up! I never liked white sport bikes. But those Gen2 white bikes are sweet! Nice Bike Man!

Moku,

I too had a sp-1, not the best for sport touring,lol. Here is a pic of my feeble attempt to tour on it.

Note the small ventura grab bar on the bike. Sounded wicked with the dual Yoshi full system. The bike really was meant only for the track, not a street friendly bike.
Even with heli bars, throttlemesiters and a corbin seat it still pounded the hell out of me on a long trip.

Below is a pic at peggy's cove, Nova scotia.

IMG_0103.JPG

Welcome

BB

Back