1441 Stroker question

Dscahill

Registered
Hello all!

I recently joined the ranks of the Hayabusa owners, and like many of you, decided to sink some money into it and turn the ultimate sports bike into the ultimate version. What I have is a 2001 Busa, and as far as I can tell, it is stock with a few small mods, like airbox, exhaust, extended swingarm and PowerCommander 3.

I have a friend who also rides Busas and he has a 1397, but I want something that can not only keep up, but wax him if need be. I would really like to upgrade mine to a 1441. My question is this: because I only want to tear the bike down once, what other mods are recommended at the time the stroker is installed? I would obviously do mods such as a bigger battery, cooling fans ect, but what I am most curious about is the use of a GEN II head vs porting and polishing a GEN I. Also what cams would be ideal for a daily rider/highway blaster?

Any information regarding this would be fantastic.

Thanks!

-D

Go with 395 cams unless you decided to go to the track and drag. Also, make the 1st gear taller, undercut the transmission, and upgrade the oil pump gear. Use the Gen I head and get it ported, polished, decked, and have your guy that does it to make sure the guides are sunk to the proper depth. Also get it line bored to make sure the cam is perfect. Don't do anything you can't do yourself. If you have questions, ASK! I'm almost done with mine and about to get the cams checked for timing by Tombo Racing after Christmas. I built a 1441 and its def been a headache. If you have any questions, be sure to ask. A good guy on here to ask is GixerHP and myself (only because I've been doing this mod). Lemme know and good luck!

OH yeah. :welcome: to the org! My bad, I'm usually on dat like facebook on Duck Dynasty crap! Also, :worthless:

I meant to mention that. Not a bigger batter but the 24 volt charging system instead.

Glad to see most folks are willing to lend their expertise, I should mention that I am a mechanic by trade and am very qualified for auto repair, but that being said, I'm starting to think I should let a real expert work on the Busa. Do any of you know if there is a write up with a parts list somewhere?

-D

My Busa1.jpg

Glad to see most folks are willing to lend their expertise, I should mention that I am a mechanic by trade and am very qualified for auto repair, but that being said, I'm starting to think I should let a real expert work on the Busa. Do any of you know if there is a write up with a parts list somewhere?

-D

Where do you live ? There's a number of great mechanics on this site.

I am currently in the center of Iowa; so the weather here is cold, white, and slippery. This translates to build time in the off season.

-D

OH! AND LABEL LABEL LABEL!!! Missing bolts and washers can get EXPENSIVE!! AND, when you order them, it takes FOREVER for them to come in. All parts need to be in labeled bags and put somewhere safe. And I mean EVERYTHING. Get bags! Label them "clutch cover bolts" (that is an example, please don't label them ALL clutch cover bolts) and put them in a box and DON'T TAKE THEM OUT UNLESS YOU ARE INSTALLING THAT PART!!

Do you have a manual?

The baggie tip= worth its weight in gold. Seriously, who ever thought of that was a genius! No more "extra parts". And the first thing I do after buying a bike and insuring the darn thing is to buy a manual, again worth its weight in gold. As for the 1441 stroker idea, I am considering taking a vacation during the early summer to NC and delivering the bike to RC's Performance to have the kit installed. For $6200 they install new cams, port and polish the head, valve job with HD springs, rod bearings, and new crank, with labor and dyno time included. Seems like a good way to make sure the job is done properly for about the same cost for me to go through it minus the headaches. Has anyone else dealt with them before? Hayabusa Engine Packages

-D

Put the bike on a trailer and ship it west or if your near cedar rapids, des moines, or burlington Ia, call forward air and order a bike container and ship to the forward air pdx location and I'll get you fixed up....

The baggie tip= worth its weight in gold. Seriously, who ever thought of that was a genius! No more "extra parts". And the first thing I do after buying a bike and insuring the darn thing is to buy a manual, again worth its weight in gold. As for the 1441 stroker idea, I am considering taking a vacation during the early summer to NC and delivering the bike to RC's Performance to have the kit installed. For $6200 they install new cams, port and polish the head, valve job with HD springs, rod bearings, and new crank, with labor and dyno time included. Seems like a good way to make sure the job is done properly for about the same cost for me to go through it minus the headaches. Has anyone else dealt with them before? Hayabusa Engine Packages -D
I have purchases from them before. Chuck is a good guy. I bought their head and cams for my Gen I. I know what it did for that bike so I can only imagine their full engine kit. I will probably have them do my head and cams for my gen II in early spring.

Update:

Now I am leaning towards buying all the parts that I need, and sending the head off for a valve job and to have cams installed as well.

-D

Back