What fender is this

HayabusaSS

Registered
I was wanting to put a front fender on my first gen busa just like this one and was wondering what it was or where to get it.

Looks to be a GSXR 1k front fender from this angle. There are quite a few write ups on this board around doing this. It's not just bolt on and go. There is some modding to the fork legs that has to happen before it will mount up.

I am about to embark on this mod myself.

That is a gsxr 1000 from at least a 04
If you use the Gsxr forks like is done in the pics it bolts up

I have a 06 gsxr1000 fender on my bike now that I installed 2 weeks ago but it is smaller than this one. This does not look like the 1000 fender on my bike at all

Your photo is a Gen-I fairing, but that's not a Gen-I fork.

Gen-II fork is direct bolt on for the Gixxer fender.

YANA SHIKI | Front Fenders | ABS Plastics

Kinda looks like your fender but the holes are in slightly different places.

7839605994_c4ebb49dbf_o.jpg

7839604448_b71271e994_o.jpg

Last edited:
This is the front of my bike with the 06 gsxr1000 fender installed I had to cut off the top brackets and make mounts so it would bolt up. I don't like the way it looks cause the 1000 fender I installed is to small I think the original pic I posted is just right (busa fender is to big current 1000 fender is to small)

This is the front of my bike with the 06 gsxr1000 fender installed I had to cut off the top brackets and make mounts so it would bolt up. I don't like the way it looks cause the 1000 fender I installed is to small I think the original pic I posted is just right (busa fender is to big current 1000 fender is to small)

Most use a earlier fender 01-04 gsxr 1k. the deal is the height of the fender is based of trying to bolt the fender to the stock mount position on gen 1 forks. You have to fab some tabs or mounts to get height and spacing correct.

Here is a similar writeup https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...fender-first-second-gen-busa-~revealed-~.html

Thanks for the help but I don't need tips on how to mount it I allready know how to do that I just need to know what fender that is.

Back