Is the forum acting better?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I think we are still making progress but you tell me....

I miss the like button. Also, when I post a new thread, it doesn't show up for me. Curious

What he said. And it goes into long never ending searches (example new post). You go back out of the site and come back in and it finds the next time.

Yesterday was horrible, today is better for me.

I would like the previous two posts, but... ;)

I haven't been on much lately, but I''ve been able to post fine today. Just no like button is what I 've noticed today.

the new post button works after I delete the cookies prior to signing in...other than that it is pulling up 250 posts as what is new and unread...not sure what that is for accuracy

Still behaving weird. I clicked Forum then New Posts it gave the error message Sorry - no matches found. When I clicked What's New? it brought me to the New Posts page.

Before when you had read a post the title used to turn grey and when a new reply was posted it would turn black again.

Now it seems the titles are always black.
So you don't know if there have been any new replies and have to look in any post for them instead of knowing that there have been any new posts or not.

I hope this makes sense.

I use forum runner 90% of the times and haven't seen the first problem yet. Thanks for the hard work cap! :thumbsup:

This sits on every screen ("crice6"), and when I searched our members, didn't see them. I definitely won't click on it.

Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 7.40.22 AM.jpg

New posts and recent posts tend to disappear after being added. They often reappear after a day or so, but don't show up with the "Whats New" button right away like they used to.

^^^ Yeah! JK Cap. Can we get an "angry villiagers with pitchforks" emoticon? That's what we need in this thread. Also, sometimes when I click the emoticons button and click an emoticon, nothing comes up.

No sir.
"New posts" section does not work.
Pages load very slow, then freeze. Must log off then sign on again, then the problems usually repeat.
The site works well for several minutes, then stops again.
Very difficult to use, if I'm able to at all.
Thank you.

Today was the first time I have tried in the past week and everything seems to be fine using forum runner on my phone. Thanks again for all the hard work

No sir.
"New posts" section does not work.
Pages load very slow, then freeze. Must log off then sign on again, then the problems usually repeat.
The site works well for several minutes, then stops again.
Very difficult to use, if I'm able to at all.
Thank you.

Post up here and let me know when you get a few minutes and we can work 1 x 1 to try to get yours resolved. Most of the functionality is back... I would clear all history from your browser, then try to even reboot your computer to make sure all cache of any kind is gone...

I have been speaking with VB developers and they have changed some functionality with this new version and even they aren't 100% sure on how it should respond in some situations..

One thing I know, it used to be that if you make a post and then went and clicked the new threads your post would show up as the newest one.. Now it doesn't, it's assumed that if you read or posted in a thread that its not new so it clears it from the search results... I think this is part of the problem we had, I told the Dev's that it was a terrible idea and I am working on a hack to get us that functionality back... This would explain some post showing up and some not, it would depend on if someone else had posted to it...

cap

Mine is all good now...Win8, Chrome, and a delete all reboot to get things right. Thanks for the hard work...I appreciate your efforts!

Back