2013 Dyno Pull Low Numbers

James Buchko

Registered
I am trying to figure out what happen. I think by reading all the other post that my dyno pull numbers are crazy low, on 2013 Busa. 158.99 @WHP The ECU was flashed by Walter Sprout but the dyno pull was done at Biketoberfest. I have a PCV installed, K&N Air Filter, Stock Headers, Mids w/Adjustable Baffle slip-on shorty exhaust (Catalytic converters still install) and a buddy loaded a map recommended by DynoJet M20-008-011. The bike feels a little sluggish after that but A/F looks pretty good from what the dyno show if I am reading it right. Any suggestions? Possible to reload stock map, if so is the one on DynoJet the right one? If not can someone send me the right one

1st Dyno Pull.jpg

Your bike should show that or more bone stock.
Lose the cats and get a proper exhaust then have it tuned correctly.
It will then be in the 180-190s hp number wise.

Your bike should show that or more bone stock.
Lose the cats and get a proper exhaust then have it tuned correctly.
It will then be in the 180-190s hp number wise.

I fully agree. that is why I was concerned. Was thinking I should have seen in the 170-180 at least, but will figure out how to remove the cats and then try to find a exhaust system. Does the tune look bad on the dyno printout? Thought the A/F was the big concern and from what I could understand of it looked good.........Maybe......

Just a guess but I will bet this is one of those time where they just roll,your bike up do A (one ) pull and say bye.
I see no tach reading so no torque. I would put as much trust in this as I would in knowing the winning lottery numbers for any future date.

This is mine, stock with 23,000 miles. Had a built ZX10 pull about the same time, same day @ 178, and 2 R1's in the high 150's. Different Dyno's different days, but I just don't see a stock Busa pulling less than high 160's unless something is not right.

2011 Hayabusa - 179.95HP.jpg

Thanks guys. I guess the first step is maybe putting the stock map back on the bike. maybe my buddy screwed something by using the recommended map or something. Also need to remove the cat. 20 hp loss is unacceptable for sure against a stock setup. going the wrong way for spending money lol

James answer Johnny's question please.
I could agree with him. Guy rolled it up and did a pull and maybe didn't even give it all the bike had??

He it closer to Walter. So if this is the case I would not change a thing until someone knowing how to properly set up the bike did the pulls.
Just look how the rear end unloads.LMAO.

He it closer to Walter. So if this is the case I would not change a thing until someone knowing how to properly set up the bike did the pulls.
Just look how the rear end unloads.LMAO.

So looking at the video do you think that it would have pulled better numbers if done by someone else? I have been working with Walter, his generator took a dump when i went to get it tuned and setup. Also can you explain what you mean by "Rear end unloads"

Everyone is so obsessed with dyno numbers. The tall tale sign is trap speed. A dyno is purely a tuning device.

lets not get crazy here Walter is the best turner around in that area as well as the entire south or anywhere within 10 states of him so it was NOT the tuner. dyno pulls at events like that are not tuning sessions. their dyno queen 1-pull sessions. exactly why its pointless to buy a brand new bike these days. just buy one thats already done and proven to make power.

Just a guess but I will bet this is one of those time where they just roll,your bike up do A (one ) pull and say bye.
I see no tach reading so no torque. I would put as much trust in this as I would in knowing the winning lottery numbers for any future date.

The dynojet file contains all the info. If you can get ahold of the raw files off their PC, you can load it up on your home computer with the dynojet software (free to download online) and change the chart to display whatever you want, including making the X axis show by rpm instead of mph.

Back