Update on the forum problems...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Folks,
Very sorry about all of the problems you have been experiencing over the past week or so.. Here is a run down of events and why things are taking so long. The company that we use for the forum basically partners with another company called forum runner and we use them both here on the org. Forum Runner is the app that we use for members to access the site in a view designed for phones. We received a notice that there was a significant security risk found and a patch was released to upgrade the server.. We performed the upgrade and this is when everything started going downhill. The patch plugged the problem with the security vulnerability but it also caused many other issues. A new full version release was announced to fix some of the craziness from the developers at VB and of course we added that version to fix the problems caused by the patch :) (Still with me)... When we applied the new version more problems were encountered and we are slowly working through them... There has been some errors being reported on pages, some functionality isn't working correctly and some glitchyness is still around...

We are working through them one at a time, I guess misery loves company and I can report that we are not the only site being affected by this. Many upset forums are up in arms over what appears to be shoddy code released...

Thank you for being patient, right now you really have to work to read threads and I hate that but know that we are working on things as fast as we can...

More to come later...

cap

"glitchyness"... is that a technical term?

Yes it is but you have to be part of the nerdy group to know it...

We might have some slowness / outages today as we work on things... BE PATIENT WITH US PLEASE... no one has been banned, no one has broken anything....

cap

Crap. I was hoping I was banned.. Then I wouldn't have to read the threads certain "friends" have been posting of me since my surgery....

Crap. I was hoping I was banned.. Then I wouldn't have to read the threads certain "friends" have been posting of me since my surgery....

We only ban drama queens...oh wait, you're a queen now...hrmmmm...

:laugh:

Strange....whenever I want to reply to a thread, my curser pops up in the far right of the reply box and my text type from right to left instead of left to right.

James you can set that in the justification on the reply box, yours is apparently set to right justify..

Yep, and it seems it effects different browsers different ways...

Here is the warning that shows at the top when THIS page loaded (FF):
Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: gaip_code1 in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4591

Good luck Doug!!

Still won't work at all from my forum runner. I'm sure you still know, but just making sure. ;)

Strange....whenever I want to reply to a thread, my curser pops up in the far right of the reply box and my text type from right to left instead of left to right.

that's because you've worn out the reply box :poke: :laugh:

thanks for keeping us going Cap :beerchug:

Is anybody else getting e-mail notifications on subscribed threads? I haven't gotten any in a while.

red white and black hat hackers could fix this or be the cause...I like to comment here but for the time being it is a pain to get into anything

This is what I have been getting on the forum runner for the last week.

ForumRunner_20131014_151834.png

Back