Winter projects?

StrtRac3r

Registered
Anyone getting a winter project lined up yet, bike related or not? Mine kinda depends if I get another car yet or not. Kinda wanna re paint my bike.

We are also having a baby boy in December. Our first so I'm sure it will come with its own projects.

I got a few winter projects to try and tackle.

Busa - Retrofit resource projector install, R/R, stator and battery upgrade, fork seals and fluid change, raising the bike height, set suspension for my weight, would like to paint it and replace all the fairing bolts but not sure if the money will be there as well as other maintainence related repairs i.e. coolant, etc....

600 - chain and sprocket change, fork seals and fluid change, repair C28 error code, raise bike back up to stock height, track prep bike with safety wiring for future track days, set suspension for my weight.

home - insulate my garage ceiling w/ spray foam, replum my house with Pex instead of the old copper, renovate kitchen (last piece of the puzzle is to find some cabinets), cut about 5-8 trees from around my house, remove gas logs from fire place and convert back to wood burning (see above as to why), if money is left over renovate the guest bathroom

cars - would love to get my 455 Olds engine finally to the machine shop to get that ready to drop in my Cutlass, get my vette pulled from storage and get started on stripping it down for resto.

Man, looking at this list, I need another job.

I got a few winter projects to try and tackle.

Busa - Retrofit resource projector install, R/R, stator and battery upgrade, fork seals and fluid change, raising the bike height, set suspension for my weight, would like to paint it and replace all the fairing bolts but not sure if the money will be there as well as other maintainence related repairs i.e. coolant, etc....

600 - chain and sprocket change, fork seals and fluid change, repair C28 error code, raise bike back up to stock height, track prep bike with safety wiring for future track days, set suspension for my weight.

home - insulate my garage ceiling w/ spray foam, replum my house with Pex instead of the old copper, renovate kitchen (last piece of the puzzle is to find some cabinets), cut about 5-8 trees from around my house, remove gas logs from fire place and convert back to wood burning (see above as to why), if money is left over renovate the guest bathroom

cars - would love to get my 455 Olds engine finally to the machine shop to get that ready to drop in my Cutlass, get my vette pulled from storage and get started on stripping it down for resto.

Man, looking at this list, I need another job.

Lol and a good buddy to help. That's one hell of a list.

Turbo! Just have to decide how far to take it. With 27k on the motor I'd like to do the bearings, then I'd feel comfortable going up to 300hp with turbo pistons and an intercooler on my gen 2. Seems like the cold dark month of February is the right time since I rode through the whole winter last year with heated gear and February was the worst of it.

Once winter sets in...for the Busa: clean the throttle bodies, maybe sync them too, depends on if I find my gauge in my storage unit. New battery. Recover my seats if I find material I like, otherwise will just get a used seat. I'm sure I can think of other stuff. Maybe look into having the ECU flashed?

For the Nomad: nothing

Turbo! Just have to decide how far to take it. With 27k on the motor I'd like to do the bearings, then I'd feel comfortable going up to 300hp with turbo pistons and an intercooler on my gen 2. Seems like the cold dark month of February is the right time since I rode through the whole winter last year with heated gear and February was the worst of it.

I know your worries. My motor seems like its getting louder. Although it may be just me.

Once winter sets in...for the Busa: clean the throttle bodies, maybe sync them too, depends on if I find my gauge in my storage unit. New battery. Recover my seats if I find material I like, otherwise will just get a used seat. I'm sure I can think of other stuff. Maybe look into having the ECU flashed?

For the Nomad: nothing

At one point I considered sea ray skin... Naturally waterproof and definitely different. But I don't like to slip around and leather seems to have the best grip as far as material I have had avail.

Lol and a good buddy to help. That's one hell of a list.

Yeah, my brother wants to get his own bike so he is willing to come by and assist in any and all bike projects to get some experience and know how. I will need some help with the suspension and forks from someone else because I have never tried to do either of those before.

Hmm.. Where do I begin?

First is to finish my Honda CR500Af conversion, which is near completion. Attached is a pic of the dirt scooter.

Next would be a serious diet for the lil white busa. I'm thinking R1 wheel conversion, lightweight battery, remake the gsxr conversion subframe out of some light weight material and make it more aesthetically pleasing this go around, sidewinder exhaust to replace my yoshi, possibly a penske shock, and maybe a longer arm. :laugh: Why not longer? ???

3rd, this 3rd item requires some very serious thought and determination. A personal diet for MEEEEE :1zhelp: I don't like dieting, running, or basically anything healthy. :banghead:

Between me and the bike I want to remove 40lbs, and that's the goal I'm committing to for next season! :please::please::please:

That's all! Now who wants to donate some $$ :whistle:

1012167_10151486401227231_115210861_n.jpg

I want to take my bike to Traxxion in Atlanta and get a full suspension setup for my weight. The bike could handle better.

At one point I considered sea ray skin... Naturally waterproof and definitely different. But I don't like to slip around and leather seems to have the best grip as far as material I have had avail.

Yea, I'm leaning toward leather...

R1 throttle mod...shift light (maybe with auto shift)...and lower the rear. I decided to wait on the stretch, until I'm the fastest SWB bike at the track, or at least close. :)

Unsure at this point, will all depend on budget. Been debating on removing extended swingarm and lowering components and go back to stock wheelbase and ride height. Some other minor things as well like install my billet stator cover and vortex rearsets that have been sitting in my bedroom for last year is in order. Also thinking about sending my ECU off to Frank while Busa is parked over winter and let him work his magic.

Well, I'm collecting parts now for my winter project list. I will start a new thread for my projects when I get them going. Getting colder here day by day.

Upgrade fuel system: Bosch Fuel pump, Billet fuel rail, external fuel filter, S2K injectors

Boost by Smith ECU editor

Innovate wideband/data logger

Seat Pin Mod

HID running lights

Back