2012 Busa Totaled before reaching 400 miles

James Buchko

Registered
:banghead: So I let my buddy ride my new busa and he totaled it on his street in front of his house. I have Progressive insurance which I highly recommend. I have the total loss on my insurance policy so I am now picking up a 2013 on Monday. My buddy is paying my deductible. Progressive paid off my 2012 and gave me 3300.00 for the difference between a 2012 and 2013, plus aftermarket parts/riding gear.

IMG_20130903_175134_569.jpg

IMG_20130903_175150_430.jpg

IMG_20130903_181243_594.jpg

Find out what the salvage is and buy it back, usually not very high and you can make some money on that

BB

Glad Progressive is taking care of you. Part of why we pay huge rates on our Busas. I think I would have to strangle my buddy.

NEVER let anyone ride your bike!!!! Buy it back from the insurance you will make some good money off the parts !!

While these type of things happen on occasion everyone shouldn't be thrown into the same group.

I have let another person ride my bike before and guess what? He didn't crash it.

All I am saying is you have to know the ability and the temperment of the rider.

In a general sence all of us here are well above average in the "risk taking" attitude towards life.

Why else would we ride a high powered motorcycle if we were not gamblers with our mind and body?

Many of us can go zero to a 100 in about 6 seconds and have done it how many times? :laugh:

Just because I let somebody ride my Busa doesn't mean he gets to go out and test his personal limits.

If he wants to feel the power because he has been riding a less powerful bike... then..

when we are in a suitible place and he wants to run it through 2nd, and 3rd a few times thats ok.

He isn't going to show me how he just mastered doing stoppies or wheelies... know what I mean? :laugh:

Keep in mind that if they wreck it they bought it. If they can't buy it or give me comparable equity in case of an accident

then it probably a good idea not to do it.

I wouldn't want my insurance paying for anything unless it was uninsured motorist coverage that doesn't affect my rate.

Hope he wasn't injured. Seems like you have a pretty good attitude, too. Hope it all works out for you and your buddy.

he wrecked it, his insurance/pocketbook should be covering it

he wrecked it, his insurance/pocketbook should be covering it
Unfortunately, this is not true. Insurance follows the vehicle. His insurance is secondary and neither he nor the owner could make a claim unless it was for something not covered by the insurance policy taken out on the bike. Not sure what his pocketbook could cover, though?

I couldn't pass my keys to anyone to ride my bike except me all the hard work and extra hours going to work and taking extra loads (truck driver) to get parts and have someone close to me crash my ride devastating, but good he's willing to help out.

Unfortunately, this is not true. Insurance follows the vehicle. His insurance is secondary and neither he nor the owner could make a claim unless it was for something not covered by the insurance policy taken out on the bike. Not sure what his pocketbook could cover, though?

you are correct with comprehensive and collision insurance but liability follows the driver...some insurance companies state that anyone not listed as a driver with the insurance company is not covered, it depends on the specific wording in the policy...regardless of that though, i wouldn't allow anyone on my bike unless i knew and trusted them completely because the risk of a friend hurting themselves is too great

I got a feeling that your insurance will be coming after HIS insurance for reimbursement eventually....

That really sux. I would think that his insurance would have to pay not yours. You didn't wreck it. "Maybe I should have read all the replies first" echo echo :laugh:

Back