Electric or Air shifter...looking for opinions and advice.

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
I've got a quick shifter right now..which is ok, but getting my feet up to shift is a pain in the butt while trying to get to full throttle as fast as I can. I'd love to just be able to leave my feet dangling...stay tucked..and shift shift shift. Which is better..electric or air?

Electric Over Air.. I have all parts you need if you go that route. I have mount that goes under shifter out the way..

If you are a tech geek or a very serious racers listen to the majority....having the feet dragging does not win a race or may be not worth the cost...it presents future problems... trans / etc..it sounds great in concept yet zipping around the streets a foot shift guy who knows his bike will stay in it or feather the clutch and get back in it...and whistle past you. An elec solenoid bypassed with the horn button seems to do jut fine...the pain is getting the throw of the solenoid to coincide with the throw / torque of the up shift...buy a proven kit or ask more questions.... I'm about done trying to get the two to work all the time

If you are a tech geek or a very serious racers listen to the majority....having the feet dragging does not win a race or may be not worth the cost...it presents future problems... trans / etc..it sounds great in concept yet zipping around the streets a foot shift guy who knows his bike will stay in it or feather the clutch and get back in it...and whistle past you. An elec solenoid bypassed with the horn button seems to do jut fine...the pain is getting the throw of the solenoid to coincide with the throw / torque of the up shift...buy a proven kit or ask more questions.... I'm about done trying to get the two to work all the time

I have a quickshifter now and I love being able to shift WOT....but my 60' times suck because I'm I'm having to pause to get my feet up for the shift into second...there's a fraction of a second of hesitation and while I'm trying to pull my feet up it feels unstable under the acceleration. I will definitely read some reviews and find something reliable if I go that route. I've never had this issue drag racing..but this is my first Busa and it's a whole different animal. Thanks for the info..

FYI guys Matt at Cycletek is no longer in business. he has closed his doors. apparently he has a few kill boxes left but thats it.

Too bad cause his stuff worked great when I used it. I now too use a quick shifter (Dano's Performance) and it is a pain to get your feet up to shift the 1 to 2 gears but you just need to practice practice and you'll figure it out.

FYI guys Matt at Cycletek is no longer in business. he has closed his doors. apparently he has a few kill boxes left but thats it.

You sure about this... I just dropped my bike off at local shop to get dyno'd and we were talking about shift kits. He uses CycleTek and said he just ordered the the kit himself. I'll post when I find out for sure....but he claims to know the guy pretty well, so we'll see.

Back