What's your take on a stretch...

NJBusa

Registered
I can not make up my mind without actually seeing what's the best over stretch. So, if you guys have them show 'em. I'm thinking maybe a +4 or +6 over...thanks guys

This is about +6. -3/4 front -2 in the rear. Right now I'm went to +5.5 and put the rear back to stock height

ForumRunner_20130903_160407.png

Those are some sick a$$ bikes! Keep them coming. Oh and I searched for it as well....I am liking what I see and so far I am liking the 4" over lowered 1.5'' in rear and 3/4" front... I want to still be able to ride a passenger without scrapping every bump.

My only advice would be to spend the time and money to get the shock/spring right and keep the ride height higher rather than lower. Mine was stretched when I bought it and it took a lot of effort to undo some of the things they did like making it too low and too stiff. If you are into riding twisties, stretching it is counter productive. Brocks hooked me up with a great custom spring/shock combo set for my weight and my stretch. It wasn't cheap, but good things never are and you get what you pay for. It takes a bit of getting used to in corners and in particular, first gear corners in the city. Good luck with your project and whatever you end up deciding to do. It's a lot of fun making a bike your own and just the way you want it.

busasidenew.jpg

Hey Brumanchu...is that Kanji a decal or custom paint? Either way, it's pretty nice lookin'. As you can see, I'm a fan of the old Red'N'Black myself:bowdown:.

Hey Cappo, thanks, it's a 3M decal. I can tell, ur bike looks awesome! I'm really digging that seat, where'd u get it?

Here's mine, about 5" stretch
P1030768-smalll.jpg
Buddy's with a 6" stretch
P1030402smal.jpg

I think this one was before he went long, so around a 6" stretch.
P1030654.jpg

Here's mine, about 5" stretch
P1030768-smalll.jpg
that cud b the best lookn gen 2 ive ever seen, seriously. perfect at +5 with the longer tail to match. great color. mine is an 05 limited so its similar in color but wow urs looks way better.

I do like the naked look of ur buddys bikes as well. they too r quite badass.

but I wud caution you on stretching it cause apparently it means you have no skill and can't really ride so u might want to consider returning it to a STW....:whistle:

This is mine sitting about 7" over with an Airtech +6" street tail

image-3214569160.jpg

image-3102097807.jpg

that cud b the best lookn gen 2 ive ever seen, seriously. perfect at +5 with the longer tail to match. great color. mine is an 05 limited so its similar in color but wow urs looks way better.

I do like the naked look of ur buddys bikes as well. they too r quite badass.

but I wud caution you on stretching it cause apparently it means you have no skill and can't really ride so u might want to consider returning it to a STW....:whistle:

Thanks for the compliment. My buddies didn't leave them naked, they were just out of my paint booth and handn't gotten the kanji's yet. The Candy Brandywine bike now has a 10 over GSXR tail that he made into a 12 over and is sitting at 67". The blue one was stretched to 68" and I didn't get a pic before he reverse cartwheeled it a couple weeks ago.

I resisted the stretch for a long time until I rode the Candy Brandwine bike and of course I had to do it! I'm not going longer though, I don't really like longer tails.

Here's mine sitting about 8" over.....i will be sell it as soon as my 300 kit is on (SOON)...:thumbsup:

K2-FIYA.jpg

Back