Anyone use a small nitrous shot to cool intake charge?

juissed

Registered
Anyone had success using something small (like a 14-16 jet for 6-9 hp since will really put down 2-3x that) to cool their non intercooled setup instead of water injection?

Anyone had success using something small (like a 14-16 jet for 6-9 hp since will really put down 2-3x that) to cool their non intercooled setup instead of water injection?

Are you street riding or just using it for the track?, if you plan on street riding, IMO , in the long run you are better off with water injection, its more expensive, but still less expensive than an intercooler, nitrous is great, but having to fill it is a pain in the ass, and its expensive.

With water meth you can spend 2 or 3 bucks on windshield wiper fluid, and don't have to go to a speed shop, have the bottle up to date etc....

I have used nitrous on both turbo cars and turbo bikes. It works fine and with being a small shot lasts for quite awhile really depending on the bottle size. For example, a 15hp shot will feel more like a 30hp shot.

You would just be safer with a fatter tune if your worried about IAT's. As long as you have a repuable turbo kit, and a good tune you'll be fine. I'm guessing you probably just have a stage 1 and your running what.... 6-8psi? No need to over complicate things.

On a side note I run nitrous on my "mini" ultra street bike. It's a 50ish shot, I only use it to make the turbo kit instantly from a roll...oh and run my air shifter.

Was mostly just curious since my experience lies with nitrous bikes-- and I have at least 4 kits worth of spare parts laying around.

I ended up going with a water injection setup for now.

use water for the injection kit and you don't have to worry about the AFRs, use meth but don't tune for it, or tune for the meth and use a failsafe.

Back