how much oil???

i believe the 3100 is engine / gearbox only........usually best to just add 3100 then run the engine for a few minutes and then let it sit for 15 minutes and recheck the level as its never possible to fully drain the engine unless doing a complete strip down.

3.75 quarts will fill to the top line of the site glass.
That's with filter and after engine has been cranked.

I know the side of the engine says 3100ml but is that with the oil filter or do I need to add more oil ???

3100ml or 3.3 US Quarts when changing oil only on US models, 3.5 US Quarts when changing oil and filter. Use sight glass .......

yep , I use about 3 3/4 qts with filter change . I just go by the glass

I just guess ta mate :laugh:

Just bought my next oil change $30 @ the dealer. Set for 42K change soon, well if it will stop raining :laugh:

I believe it has rained here evryday this summer except for maybe 4 or 5 days. It should be in the hundreds and we had a 50 degree morning Friday. I don't think we have had but one or two days in the low 90's.

I believe it has rained here evryday this summer except for maybe 4 or 5 days. It should be in the hundreds and we had a 50 degree morning Friday. I don't think we have had but one or two days in the low 90's.

Rode up the hill(Lake Elsinore)this morning to check out the fire damage from a little over a week ago,still dry out here.:laugh:
(sorry about jackin' your thread jeffritz,us geezers get sidetracked easily:laugh:)

After The Fire 8/17/2013 - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode up the hill(Lake Elsinore)this morning to check out the fire damage from a little over a week ago,still dry out here.:laugh:
(sorry about jackin' your thread jeffritz,us geezers get sidetracked easily:laugh:)

After The Fire 8/17/2013 - YouTube[/url]

That is one of the drawbacks of living in SoCal... the fires, not the geezer part! Jeff, I would feel naked riding without gloves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do too bro,rode up to Chaparral a few weeks ago and tried several pair on but none fit well enough to purchase.Ever since i broke my left hand and managed to suffer the perm. nerve damage i have hardly any sensation in my clutch hand and a thick glove gives me fits with any kind of lever control.I had been wearing a thin pr. of leather work gloves(any is better than none at all)but they managed to walk off somewhere.Next time i'm in Home Depot i'll pick up another pair,might help to save a little skin should i go down.

Back