50 years of Suzuki in America

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Seeing that the 110th Harley Anniversary is coming up soon, I figured I'd make a flyer for Suzuki's 50th US anniversary and hand them out at the HD rally..

Whatya think? :rofl:

50th.jpg

50th.jpg

OK lets clear the air. HD built 635 drag only bikes. They come from the factory ready to rumble on the strip.... Imagine if Suzuki did the same thing....

At my local track a guy showed up with a full custom chrome-molly chassis with a STOCK 08 Hayabusa an ran 8.70's all day long....

OK lets clear the air. HD built 635 drag only bikes. They come from the factory ready to rumble on the strip.... Imagine if Suzuki did the same thing....

At my local track a guy showed up with a full custom chrome-molly chassis with a STOCK 08 Hayabusa an ran 8.70's all day long....

Picture proof...

Capture.jpg

Hell just a wheelie bar on that first Busa in the vid would've changed everything.

Uh, a 10.8 at 95mph?

So what you're doing is comparing a VRod to a Hayabusa when the Hayabusa had to shut down early for some reason? Nice try :)

My buddy has a v rod and I tell him that its just a fast bike for people that are scared to go REAL FAST!

Hate to burst your bubble.:whistle:

[URL="
Link:
[/URL]

Now that video made me laugh. Did the busa rider just not shift out of second gear? We are mad because the busa hasn't been updated since 08. Imagine how mad you would be if you rode a harley :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apples against apples, V twins against V twins, cruisers against cruisers.

Don't want to post numbers the third time, but the Rod spanks the M 109 stock for stock every time.

IMHO, Japan use to be #1 in sports bikes, no longer, Europe is ahead. For cruisers, after many copy attempts from Japan, the US still leads the pack with Victory and Harley. We will leave sales numbers out, otherwise Harley beats every one. If us American really wanted to, we could build a sports bike that spanks the whole pack, it would be throwing money down a big black hole though, as most Americans ride Harleys for whatever reason.

About the video, yes it is a shame that a factory V Rod, being a twin, sometimes still spanks the Busa.

About the video, yes it is a shame that a factory V Rod, being a twin, sometimes still spanks the Busa.

Not trying to argue, but the Busa rider in that video let out early and didn't even make his last shift. His engine noise goes away before he goes the full 1/4 mile, and he obviously slows before the end. You know that's not a good time for a Busa, and especially with an extended wheelbase. There are plenty of videos of stock motor Busas with times that would have beaten that Harley. If others have run faster, I wouldn't know, but that one could definitely lose to a stock motor Busa.

I'd say the bubble remains intact. :)

Here's a nice example of a stock motor Busa. I don't remember the guy's username, but he's a member here. Only 17 or 18 years old I think. :thumbsup:

This is also a good one...

Not trying to argue, but the Busa rider in that video let out early and didn't even make his last shift. His engine noise goes away before he goes the full 1/4 mile, and he obviously slows before the end. You know that's not a good time for a Busa, and especially with an extended wheelbase. There are plenty of videos of stock motor Busas with times that would have beaten that Harley. If others have run faster, I wouldn't know, but that one could definitely lose to a stock motor Busa.

I'd say the bubble remains intact. :)

LOL, I was trying to get Botts exited, looks like I failed dismally.:moon:

Interesting facts though, working in Leubeck Germany at the moment and four of my Colleagues are bikers, they all ride Harley s. They believe if I had to stretch my Busa on the Autobahn a few times, that would be the end of fun, all that remains would be a tiring ride. They prefer the back-roads and beauty of Germany on their American iron. No matter how hard I try, one of them is convinced owning a Busa in the USA is crazy and will just end up putting you in jail. Not me, just the way they think, age is mid thirties to mid forties.

In the three months here, I have seen two Busas. Close to the Black Forrest, they have their own "Dragon" Saw a few Panegales, a few S1000RR's and whole bunch of Bandits. Not one Busa.

Yo, it's 9:30AM in the morning here in Deutschland, why aren't you sleeping!?

LOL, I was trying to get Botts exited, looks like I failed dismally.:moon:

Interesting facts though, working in Leubeck Germany at the moment and four of my Colleagues are bikers, they all ride Harley s. They believe if I had to stretch my Busa on the Autobahn a few times, that would be the end of fun, all that remains would be a tiring ride. They prefer the back-roads and beauty of Germany on their American iron. No matter how hard I try, one of them is convinced owning a Busa in the USA is crazy and will just end up putting you in jail. Not me, just the way they think, age is mid thirties to mid forties.

In the three months here, I have seen two Busas. Close to the Black Forrest, they have their own "Dragon" Saw a few Panegales, a few S1000RR's and whole bunch of Bandits. Not one Busa.

I felt certain you knew better than that! :rofl:

It sounds like you and the Mrs are having a great time in Deutschland. :beerchug:

Back