Ballistic 8 cell...I can't believe how small/light it is.

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
I just got my battery. When I opened the box my first thought was "Crap..they sent a 4 cell or something". I tried larger wires for my starting issue..and it helped for daily driving, no problems since. At the track though..after making a few runs...I ran into problems starting while hot. I'll put this in and see how it does...if there's still a problem, I'll get that 24v setup I've seen people talking about here.

Battery.jpg

I just got my battery. When I opened the box my first thought was "Crap..they sent a 4 cell or something". I tried larger wires for my starting issue..and it helped for daily driving, no problems since. At the track though..after making a few runs...I ran into problems starting while hot. I'll put this in and see how it does...if there's still a problem, I'll get that 24v setup I've seen people talking about here.

I think i know who can help you out with the 24v system...

I think i know who can help you out with the 24v system...

I'm sure you do..lol I was gonna get with you after I hear back from the company that sold me the battery. I'm asking them to take it back, let me pay the difference, and send me the 12cell. We'll see what happens..

I have a 12 cel Ballistic and boy is it sweet. Starts up like a jet engine. I'll post a Vid of it later. I ride down to the 30's so well see how she handles the cold.

Oh I highly recommend the Lithium balance charges. When I checked my battery right off the box some of the cels were off from each other . There are generic chargers that do the same as the ballistic charger for around 35 bucks. Looks exactly the same too.

Oh I highly recommend the Lithium balance charges. When I checked my battery right off the box some of the cels were off from each other . There are generic chargers that do the same as the ballistic charger for around 35 bucks. Looks exactly the same too.

I just shipped it off...they claim the 8 cell is sufficient up to 1000cc's, so I shouldn't have been surprised. I'm sure the 12 cell will work great...

Back