Vir South. Rider High Sides in Front of me.

TOO much gas, TOO early..... and WAY TOO MUCH lean angle!!! That is a control rider and he wasn't even leaning off the bike! He was asking for that to happen

Too much gas and not off the bike! Dang that had to hurt. Control riders crash too....ask me how I know.

Your BMW would nanny that quick, correct?

ouch! that was a hard landing...glad to see you having fun :beerchug:

Little Background, The Rider was Immediate but was first time getting bump. Thats why he had the Yellow Shirt on. He broke his Collar Bone and Femur. Collar Bone will heal on it's own. And he got a Helicopter ride to Hospital.

Little Background, The Rider was Immediate but was first time getting bump. Thats why he had the Yellow Shirt on. He broke his Collar Bone and Femur. Collar Bone will heal on it's own. And he got a Helicopter ride to Hospital.

It sucks that he was injured, but he should not have been bumped riding that way... He should have been taught some body positioning.. He was sitting on the bike like he was out on a Sunday stroll..

It sucks that he was injured, but he should not have been bumped riding that way... He should have been taught some body positioning.. He was sitting on the bike like he was out on a Sunday stroll..

Hmm... Yeah. My first thought was it was probably a CR who just got a little complacent running in a slower group than he was used to. Hopefully he'll recover completely and be a better rider for it.

Ouch, that's not fun :(

Glad it wasn't worse for the guy...

I was thinking that was a control rider. It didn't seem as violent as some I've seen. Hope he's alright.

OUCH..

I guess the yellow vest here means "Stay the heck away from me, cause I might do something stupid"....

Never got off the bike; swooping the turn (check out that lean angle), and too much gas...A CR needed to pull him off and have a talk with him before he hurt himself...and why was he looking back over his shoulder before apexing?

P.S. I see (actually, hear) you really like that quickshifter :thumbsup:

Loomis: After watching your butt-cam video (and totally IMHO): Think about getting your body off the bike and ready for the turn just a little earlier than turn in; that way your feet/toes/tail are set before you flick the bike over, and therefore less work on the suspension and you don't have to worry about shifting around if you miss a toehold...watch some of the really good riders and look at where they get off (and back on) the bike at. A lot of them will have their butt off the bike pretty close to the brake marker...

That poor bloke was in over his head. He was going to crash no matter what group he was in, just a matter of time. You could tell by his feet that he wasn't going to get off the bike. His feet are hanging off the front of his rear sets like a duck. When you see that it's a sure thing the rider is not prepared to get his bum off the seat.

I'd also bet the bike was one or two gears too tall for the corner. Spin the tire at midrange and it's very hard to catch the spin before it's too late. That bike didn't pissaround, it tossed his butt quick!

My guess is he has had no training. However, he just got a bit of education the hard way. What's that old cliché "Speed without Skill"?

Skydivr is correct, you should get your bum off the seat earlier. My bum never sees the center of the seat except for the front straight. Jason Pridmore taught me years ago to get my butt off the seat before closing the throttle when approaching a corner. Get your butt off and your downshifting done early so you have nothing to think about when reaching the tip in point other than maintaining your line with the precision of a surgeon's scalpel. Then leave the butt off until you are ready to set up for the next corner then slide the bum all the way to the other side and repeat.

Second tip: Keep your RPM as close to redline as possible all the way from the brake marker to the tip in point. You will reap big benefits with stability, braking and corner drive not to mention much better control of wheel spin.

Good Video!

Saw the yellow jersey and was thinking no way that is a control rider, then over and down he goes. Thanks for the clarification Loomis, I was thinking I might as well turn in my application. Are you doing VIR September 9th & 10? Barber 28th & 29th?

Going to Try for the Duc days in Sept. Barber won't be until next yr.

Back