Well, it finally happened, the busa is becoming normal, now what?

animalrooster41

Registered
They said it would happen, I didn't believe it. After about a year and a half and 11k on my 08, its feeling slow (that's a relative term of course) . I tour mostly, so I'm not sure I want to mess with reliability, but its time to do something. I'm already +3 on the rear, full brocks with alien head and power commander, now what? Will a turbo stay reliable for a trip to say Alaska?
102_6411.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got mine...and all hell seems to break loose when I crack the throttle. I don't think I've even gotten close to redline in 1st or 2nd yet...:lol: I did bury the speedo though...and I couldn't believe how fast it blew past 160 and pegged..plenty for me..for now :whistle:

You have out ridden a Hayabusa on the street?

Reached the maximum limitations of the Busa while touring?

The Gen II no longer keeps up to your skill set...

You must be the first.

You should just skip the next year of "Turbo-Touring" Super Chargers get old fast too,I hear. And who wants to pull over at speed shops every other day and fill up 10 pound bottles of NOS. ? Maybe sell it...get a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport or sumfin.

RSD.

2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport wallpaper- 2.jpg

bv.jpg

HD-Wallpaper-Black-Yellow-sport-car-Bugatti-veyron-super-sport-car.jpg

bv2.jpg

Sounds to me like no matter what your riding on you tend to get bike A.D.D. The busa may be many things but slow isn't 1 of them :whistle: Ive never seen a slow busa although I have passed a few slow riders........ Maybe you should just jump ship like a few others have done on here and trade your busa in for a shiny new zx-14 ??? They seem to be all the rage these days

Off topic, but I went through Ouray last summer while touring the country. That is a beautiful part of the country and the Million Dollar Highway is one to see for sure.

They said it would happen, I didn't believe it. After about a year and a half and 11k on my 08, its feeling slow (that's a relative term of course) . I tour mostly, so I'm not sure I want to mess with reliability, but its time to do something. I'm already +3 on the rear, full brocks with alien head and power commander, now what? Will a turbo stay reliable for a trip to say Alaska?
102_6411.jpg

Damn, only 11k on your 08 busa....... I have an 08 busa and already racked up 42K on it......

Its definitely not good to let your bike sit under any circumstances, a lot of thinks can go wrong with a motor if you let it sit too long.......You need to get out and ride more......

I bet some of you that have a 2013 busa have more than 11K on it already....

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the first day I got my Busa home...

Took it out on the highway, rolled down to about 50mph in 1st and cracked the throttle hard. Let the wheel spin for a second, shifted to second, topped out in that gear, turned back around, went home and said "That'll for for now."

Too busy trying to get the suspension right and learn how to corner it to worry about more power. But yeah, if I were you I would start by opening it up so you can reprogram/tune everything you need in the ECU for the turbo, maybe work in the cooling system a little, go over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything is good, solid, reliable, fresh, and then save up for a turbo kit or a bore kit.

In my experience, larger engines have always, always been more reliable than turbo kits. Still, I love that turbo.

There's nothing I hate more than people comparing miles on bikes. I'd have a million miles on my bike if I didn't have a life. I get maybe 6 months a year to ride, factor that in with children and a full time job doesn't add up to much mileage...

I have about the same on my '08 (around 14K) I too use mine for 1,000 mile weekends, etc. I don't just ride for an hour or so per day. I don't get to get out that much, so when I do, I ride for 500-600 miles a day for a couple days, and then she goes back in the garage for a few weeks again..

I think one of your issues is the dirt bike bars on your busa, I've ridden bikes with that setup and it takes away a lot of the feeling of speed. Makes the power less brutal, etc.
Not that I wouldn't like a turbo, but for "touring" I can't see the benefit.

Nice lookin' setup by the way. :beerchug:

i've got 18k on mine and put 30k on my k1 and still dig the busa. aside from touring, have you considered a track day or drag strip? i think your routine (touring) might be getting the best of you and might want to change things up a bit.

You have out ridden a Hayabusa on the street?

Reached the maximum limitations of the Busa while touring?

The Gen II no longer keeps up to your skill set...

You must be the first.

You should just skip the next year of "Turbo-Touring" Super Chargers get old fast too,I hear. And who wants to pull over at speed shops every other day and fill up 10 pound bottles of NOS. ? Maybe sell it...get a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport or sumfin.

RSD.
the only sports car i adore period!

Well, 11k is just the miles I have put on it in 1.5 years. Thats how long I have owned it. The bike has 20k total, still low. It came with a power commander III, will the ECU flash improve on that?

Well, 11k is just the miles I have put on it in 1.5 years. Thats how long I have owned it. The bike has 20k total, still low. It came with a power commander III, will the ECU flash improve on that?

An 08 shouldn't have a PC at all. What for? Extra weight?:laugh: It should have a PC V if you cant find someone to dial in the ECU.

These look pretty good, 650 bucks should keep you entertained for a week or 2. :rofl:

HTP Dry Nitrous Kit Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa (99-13) GSXR1000 (05-08) - Schnitz Racing

Get the 250 HP kit thou. Why waste time with that 150 kit. :laugh:

RSD.

The PC just changes the air/fuel.
With Ecu editor you can remove the lower timing restrictions in 1st through 4th, and the top speed limiter, the fuel soft cut(lets engine rev another 600rpms, and can be set higher if engine is internally built to handle it), and adjust the secondary throttle plates to open faster and use all available fuel. As well as set the fans to come on sooner in 5 degree incraments.
All mentioned make a noticeable difference. Worth doing.

Back