1500 miles new sprockets?

B Rad

Registered
I have recently installed a extended arm set at +8. 1500 miles on busa

ek zzz chain

about 300 miles and needs another adjustment. adjusted at 150mi also. too much stack. nothing excessive just slightly out of spec. I have been riding hard

should I just get a new chain and sprockets? I want to be safe

I just got 32K on the factory chain and sprockets and they had life left in them when I replaced them. I'm running stock, so I feel like sixpack, but with out pix of the sprockets :dunno: 1500 miles isn't a lot of miles, even if you've never cleaned or waxed it .....

I have recently installed a extended arm set at +8. 1500 miles on busa

ek zzz chain

about 300 miles and needs another adjustment. adjusted at 150mi also. too much stack. nothing excessive just slightly out of spec. I have been riding hard

should I just get a new chain and sprockets? I want to be safe

My guess...longer chain,longer breakin(more links to stretch). Plus extended arms are hard on parts.

Worn sprockets have teeth that have started to bend.

A worn chain can be lifted easier off the sprocket(rear sprocket) at the furthest point from the front sprocket.When the rear wheel is in the air rotate it and look for links that dont lay flat any more. Stuff like that.Missing O or X rings. Blah blah blah. Get somebody in the know to show you.If you break a chain,it can destroy the motor case.

I doubt its toast already,unless you really abuse it.

RSD.

Easy way to tell sprocket wear.... remove the sprocket and put it down on a piece of paper. Then make a thin marker or pen and out line the sprocket the best you can. The tracing will show if the teeth are straight or possibly starting to "Shark Fin".

Back