Time... what is it? and other stuff...

ZRXMAX

Registered
Just rambling a little here... nothing to serious to get controversial about.

I have been readng a lot lately and it appears that everything we percieve is an illusion at the molecular level. Stated differently... an illusion within an illusion. This subject concerning "time" relates to much more than readily appears. Even though life seems linear with time as the measure of future and past their is really only "now". Pretty hard to shake off that linear time thing isn't it? :laugh: Whatever answers their looking for at CERN regarding quantum mechanics and string theory might impact our perception of time and matter. That is, if they share what is or has been already discovered.

A couple things have really gotten me to ponder what this reality really is. The 1st one is the day marked by "big media" where analog transmissions were discontinued and only a digital transmission system was to be used to broadcast TV here in the US. What happened soon after was that many astronomers around the world noticed the heavens had much more to show than previously. Galaxies were appearing where none were visible before. How do you explain the sudden appearance of galaxies after the shift to digital programming by the major TV networks?

The 2nd was my own observation regarding the Moon. It has been a fact for decades, perhaps centuries that the Moon does not rotate. In other words the same side is always shown facing the earth. Well... I noticed several years ago that the big crater in the bottom right quadrant of the Moon, the one with the 3 debris fields noticeably scattered across the surface was in a different place than it had been previously. It begs the question... did the Moon rotate? If so, how come it wasn't news worthy and brought to our collective attention?

One other interesting tidbit was pointed out also. The Sun is 400 times bigger than the Moon. The Sun is 400 times farther away from the earth than the Moon. It makes those eclipes a real sight to behold. It causes me to wonder... How is it their size in the sky appears to be about the same? Seems like a real long shot to me that the Moon and the Sun would appear to be the same approximate size when viewed from earth given how many different sized planets their are.

In that other thread regarding time plus or minus 50 years.... "when" would you rather live your life?
Based on the way the Earth is evolving I would much rather go back 50 years. Who knows what will exist here 50 years from now given the direction humanity appears to be on.

Perhaps I better go for a ride and experience some Hayabusa reality ! :laugh:

Be a little careful . . . the Moon does rotate. If you stood on the Moon, the stars would rise and set, just like they do on Earth, except that a lunar day is a month long, the same as the Moon's orbital period. The Moon rotates at just the right speed so that it always keeps one face pointed toward the Earth, which seems like a pretty big coincidence, doesn't it?

Just sayin', but you need to recheck your information...

Be a little careful . . . the Moon does rotate. If you stood on the Moon, the stars would rise and set, just like they do on Earth, except that a lunar day is a month long, the same as the Moon's orbital period. The Moon rotates at just the right speed so that it always keeps one face pointed toward the Earth, which seems like a pretty big coincidence, doesn't it?

The Moon rotates ? Which way is it spinning, clockwise or counterclockwise ? Of course the Moon has a changing horizon... it is circling the Earth just as we are circling the Sun. Our view of the Solar system and beyond changes a little bit every day as we look outward from the Sun in the nightime sky.

According to a researcher whos book I have been reading we are living in a purposely contructed Solar system. We have too many coincidences to consider to think that this Solar system flew into position and stabilized from a big bang or whatever came before it. Astronomers and others claim the Universe is expanding... and if it is... how come our Solar system isn't expanding? or is it ?

Back