Anyone else into mountain bikes?

I Love My Wife

Registered
I started about 6 years ago and just got back into with the help of a new whip. 2012 Motobecane XT XTR with 3x10 drivetrain. New tires need some dirt, hopefully the rain stays away tomorrow.

F20CA1DB-9C08-4CB2-8294-73AA48445A75-450-0000004FA6FCC564.jpg

Who else likes the pedaly type bikes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy it, but I have to admit that I spend allot more time on the ones that propel themselves :laugh: I have a Gary Fisher 29er.

mountain bike :dunno: turbo

mountain bike :dunno: stretched arm with fatty tire

mountain bike :dunno: chrome wheels

Those things can be gosh-darn expensive. Mine was made of carbon fiber I think,maybe alluminum, I cant remember. I think I traded it for gas money or something. :laugh:

Guys who can still pedal...especially up hill...:bowdown:

RSD.

Yep! Here's my Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Carbon 29ER :beerchug:

I have tried and tried and tried to go clipless. I have run multiple pairs of shoes and pedals, and cannot find a combo that works for me. So I just put on a set of Wellgo B103's.

New Stumpy-2.jpg

I have tried and tried and tried to go clipless. I have run multiple pairs of shoes and pedals, and cannot find a combo that works for me. So I just put on a set of Wellgo B103's.

Nice! My first MTB was a 29'er and my second was a 69'er single speed. I sold both to upgrade to the new one.

I bet you've got some GREAT trails to ride!

Good deal. That's a nice new one you have there. I also have an 04 Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc. It's the beater. :laugh:

I had a Tarmac Elite before this Stumpy, but never could get comfortable riding on the road. Something about being run over...

There are some really great trails in this area. We're lucky to have them. Here's a pic of another rider at Raccoon Mountain the other day when a fat little Timber Rattler decided to go for a ride...

1077014_10101560330008045_966313125_o.jpg

Good deal.

There are some really great trails in this area. We're lucky to have them. Here's a pic of another rider at Raccoon Mountain the other day when a fat little Timber Rattler decided to go for a ride...

I changed my mind, your trails are not great and that snake obviously wanted a closer look at that guys jersey.

nice bikes! i ride as well but this season has been rough. only been on her a hand full of times because with little time i have, the Busa sets precedence.:laugh: i'm all set with snakes and hope to god i never tangle with one. i rock a retro Cannondale Super v 1k (98) with candy clips and love 'em. last year took a heavy spill with a shot to the throat which literally almost killed me. trauma surgeon who rides, said i was lucky the stump that speared me was an inch off. :laugh:20101027_01_01.jpg

Wait a second, you mountain bike too???

Well hot dang, when we going to hit some dirt trails?

Wait a second, you mountain bike too???

Well hot dang, when we going to hit some dirt trails?

I've haven't been able to go regularly for a long time, but I really want to get back into it. There was a time when I hit the trails almost every day after work, but that was before marriage. :laugh:

I didn't know you rode too. With all the trails around here, we really have no excuse not to go. :thumbsup:

I've haven't been able to go regularly for a long time, but I really want to get back into it. There was a time when I hit the trails almost every day after work, but that was before marriage. :laugh:

I didn't know you rode too. With all the trails around here, we really have no excuse not to go. :thumbsup:

I would love to hit up some trails. Obviously doesn't happen of here either since it's AM "after marriage"

I am by no means an intense trail guy, but have always wanted to do a little more trail riding

I just started this year. Trying to keep two cheap bikes though this year and get something middle of the road next year.

2001 K2 Proflex 4000 with easton cf swingarm and a nice mix of Shimano LX and XT vintage awesomeness. i've got some commuter tires on it right now, 80 psi in the tires, full suspension, damn thing is wicked fast on the road. pretty fun off road too.

Back