Superbyke is dynoed and ready for action!

isiahstites

Registered
We got the bike tuned yesterday at Sims Motorsports via Scott Horner. Scott performed his magic on the ECU and the PCV by reflashing and adding a 3bar map sensor hardwired into the PCV. This results in the PCV reading the boost as it comes on and adjusting the fuel accordingly. This works similar to TPS and in conjunction with the TPS.

The end result is a totally street able turbo Hayabusa that's as easy to ride at low rpm as at high rpm. Below 5k rpm this bike feels like a regular hayabusa, twist the throttle and it's an entirely different story, hold on and look over the top of the triple tree. The great thing about his tune was just how stock the bike felt when not on boost and how smoothly it rolls into the boost.

Doyle and I as a shakedown split the 150 mile ride over the Sierras and she performed flawlessly.

Turbo Busa - YouTube[/url]

Here is a happy Raydog rolling his 230 hp 138 ft tq (only 8 lbs spring) naked streetfightin' hayabusa!

993294_10151732124679228_479396851_n_zps1e101763.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true, the transition to big power is so tractable and smooth. I think the singlemost wonderful aspect of the motor's power delivery is that the 138 ft lbs of torque arrives at 4ooo rpm and stays there to the end of the rev range, it makes shifting on boost feel like 300 speed fast forward on a dvr! Light poles become a picket fence and straightaways become lay down sweepers.

I think this is what I wanted. Doyle

It rarely gets mentioned that the boost is so gradual. Observing the boost gauge tells the story. At steady quarter throttle, i.e. casual cruising, the intake pressure is negative at -10 psi. There is no boost, but only vacuum - like for a stock engine. As the throttle gets opened wider, the intake pressure doesn't just jump to the maximum boost level. It grows very gradually as the throttle being opened more - to -5 psi, 0 psi, 3 psi, 5 psi, and so on.

It rarely gets mentioned that the boost is so gradual. Observing the boost gauge tells the story. At steady quarter throttle, i.e. casual cruising, the intake pressure is negative at -10 psi. There is no boost, but only vacuum - like for a stock engine. As the throttle gets opened wider, the intake pressure doesn't just jump to the maximum boost level. It grows very gradually as the throttle being opened more - to -5 psi, 0 psi, 3 psi, 5 psi, and so on.

Well said......

Awsome news...in 7 days i get to get touchy feely with it...if Raydog doesn't knock my head off....LOL

Scott just called....he is on his way to my house DELIVERING THE SUPERBYKE! Three feeking years of patience and finally the day has come. Just in time since the Stampede starts next week. SO folks, be prepared for a rash of pics and me explaining the details of handling, bike night results, blah blah. We have good friends staying with us for a week, I'm training for an August 1st six day mountainbike wilderness experience, the Stampede(only gonna ride the Superbyke on a coupla rides), there just isn't enough time in each day! Everything is so fun BUT...there's a turbo Busa in my garage, damit!
Doyle

OK, 1st performance post....I just rode it down a nearby straightaway and hit it in 2nd gear. Results....all the liquids in my body were forced to the back of my spine, I lost the ability to think clearly and the world looked like an elongated psychidelic tunnel. I need a G suit for this thing. I know ET's are exagerated by folks but....it feels like a 9 flat bike. We'll see! Doyle

Liquids...? Careful some of those solids and liquids don't seep out... pretty sure I pooped in my pants when I first rode a turbo Busa!

Shucks! It's all of us Aussies. We're even in Hollywood entertaining people...

Cheers

Awesome Doyle.:bowdown:

Pace...dont you go breaking his new toy.:laugh:

Pan...you turbo guys have all the fun.:banghead:

Rubb.

OK, 1st performance post....I just rode it down a nearby straightaway and hit it in 2nd gear. Results....all the liquids in my body were forced to the back of my spine, I lost the ability to think clearly and the world looked like an elongated psychidelic tunnel. I need a G suit for this thing. I know ET's are exagerated by folks but....it feels like a 9 flat bike. We'll see! Doyle

Just be carefull on that monster. I'm sure I would have hurt myself already...:whistle:

Rubb has big ballz...but no skills to back them up.:rofl:

Back