Anyone running their shifter on n2o?

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
I have a cycle tek shifter running on co2, however the rules are pretty strict here on bottle mounting for the track so I have to change it to something proper. It's currently a 4oz bottle on it. I have a spare n2o 2.5lb bottle as well as a bracket for my swingarm, so I was just curious if anyone was running n2o to their shifter. I would remove the dip tube so I'm just getting gas to the regulator, but just thought I'd check to see if anyone has done it on here.

Thanks

I was looking into getting my nitrous bottle filled with co2, but filling stations are pretty sticky about the n2o marked on the bottle and won't fill it. :-(

I have nitrous, and an air shifter, and run the shifter from the bottle.
Just make sure there is at least about a foot or more of hose between the pressure regulator and the bottle. This will allow any liquid to expand (and warm up a bit) before hitting it. The reason the liquid gets to the motor and not the regulator, is speed and volume. It is open and flowing pretty well for a pretty good length of time to the motor, so the liquid can get there, but you are only using a VERY small amount in the air shifter, and only a little at a time, so it never makes it up there. Now if you just kept hitting the button or holding it down or had a leak or something, then you might see some in the regulator.

I have run nitrous for my air shifter for years. get an inline expansion chamber so liquid nitrous does not go into the pressure regulator or air solenoid

So u guys left your siphon tube in the bottle? I was just going to remove mine so I didn't have to worry about an expansion chamber or anything. What do I guys think?

So u guys left your siphon tube in the bottle? I was just going to remove mine so I didn't have to worry about an expansion chamber or anything. What do I guys think?

yeah, if you are not going to really run juice, you can pull the tube, or just mount it upside down, and not have to worry about getting liquid in there.

but yes, I am running nitrous and running the shifter from my bottle. (my tube is out, but my bottle is also inverted)

thanks yzguyfl. I'll be pulling the tube tonight and getting it filled on Friday. Looking forward to having it installed on the bike.

Got the perfect set up for you , I have the same shifter too

DSC_0180.jpg

Why not just fill the nitrous bottle with C02? Nitrous is at least twice as expensive as CO2. Same bottle cert for either one.

Got the bottle filled and set up. Blackmax, love the setup, however it's still illegal for the organization I am racing in, as they require proper bottle brackets, and not hose clamps like that.

Sportbikeryder, the guys wouldn't fill it up with CO2 as it is stamped on the bottle for n2o. Stiffer regulations up here I guess.

Sportbikeryder, the guys wouldn't fill it up with CO2 as it is stamped on the bottle for n2o. Stiffer regulations up here I guess.

Yeah, must be different in Canaa. Here in the US, the normal spec would be a DOT certification, likely 3AL1800 or similar (the 1800 can be higher as well, it is the pressure rating)

I guess Canaa is different , I have that in the hump and tech at NHRA tracks have never even looked for a botttle , They just check my gear and my NHRA comp License and hand back my papers , By the way I have a 60lb
C02 bottle with a fill station and scale that I use to fill up those 4 oz bottles , 2 of them like that gives me about 160 shifts . all that stuff can be had from paint ball online stores

Back