Akrapovic 4-2-1-2 exhaust

RX1Jim

Registered
Anyone have an Akrapovic 4-2-1-2 exhaust on their Gen II busa?? I wanted a TiForce system but they are no longer available. I have heard the Akrapovic system is high quality and known to fit well without having to modify the body panels. I have a TiForce 4-2-1 system on my 00 Gen1, had to make spacers for the body panels to get the system to fit right. I found a few places that claim to stock the 4-2-1-2 Akra system, much more money than the TiForce system. I am thinking of getting the carbon fiber cans, should be a nice match to my balck 09 GenII.

Thanks for the help!!

Jim

I had them on my gen2.
Fit, finish, and quality were excellent.
I had no problems or complaints.

MoNoxide has them on his gen2, and Squale147 did also.
You can PM them for their opinions as well.

Yep, Got'm love'm. 4-2-2

Before

7224220310_f2274d1150_z.jpg

After

8635501250_873dafc2ca_z.jpg

Thanks for the responses!!!

What company did you buy your Akrapovic exhaust from? I found 3 places who state on their website they stock them but I would much rather spend my money with sponsors of this site.

Thanks!!

Jim

The best place i found. Thanks to Six, Motomummy.com cheaper then anyone else. Great customer service too.

I just bought one from a member off the site and am waiting for it to arrive here in Australia. I only paid $US1,200 for a brand new full system with CF cans. I'm very excited about it as I've also read heaps of fantastic reviews. I should have it installed by the end of the week and should be able to let you know how it goes. Not sure if I have to get some Fuel/Air measures and tuning done when I get the new pipes. Someone might be able to comment on that and let me know. I don't think you can buy a better made exhaust system for the Gen 2 Busa. I'm sure you'll love it.

I just bought one from a member off the site and am waiting for it to arrive here in Australia. I only paid $US1,200 for a brand new full system with CF cans. I'm very excited about it as I've also read heaps of fantastic reviews. I should have it installed by the end of the week and should be able to let you know how it goes. Not sure if I have to get some Fuel/Air measures and tuning done when I get the new pipes. Someone might be able to comment on that and let me know. I don't think you can buy a better made exhaust system for the Gen 2 Busa. I'm sure you'll love it.

The only thing i had to do was the marble mod. "to stop back firing"

Those Akra's look super tuff,especially on a black Busa.

I'm loving my Vance&Hines. I just need the header and then will probably never switch. Ya right. 5th or 6th Busa system. :laugh:

RSD.

Love that system with dual mufflers!!! I had a hard time deciding which way to go, but I landed on the 4-1 Akrapovic. I still sometimes wish I had gone with the duals.

Thanks guys for all the responses. I am going to make a few calls on Friday to find out which supplier has a Akra 4-2-1-2 exhaust in stock then order it. Once I get the exhaust on the bike with a power commander, new air filter, and crankcase vent system mod done, the bike is going to Power House Cycles for a dyno tune.

It is too bad TiForce is out of business, they made a great product at a good price. I have a 4-2-1 full system on my Gen1. The quality is very good, impressive welds.

Thanks!

Jim

Thanks guys for all the responses. I am going to make a few calls on Friday to find out which supplier has a Akra 4-2-1-2 exhaust in stock then order it. Once I get the exhaust on the bike with a power commander, new air filter, and crankcase vent system mod done, the bike is going to Power House Cycles for a dyno tune.

It is too bad TiForce is out of business, they made a great product at a good price. I have a 4-2-1 full system on my Gen1. The quality is very good, impressive welds.

Thanks!

Jim

i agree...i loved the duel ti-force

Shame about TiForce. MUCH prefer their sound to the Akra. Hope they show up again whenever the Gen III is born (come onnnn 2014!).

Anyone have an Akrapovic 4-2-1-2 exhaust on their Gen II busa?? I wanted a TiForce system but they are no longer available. I have heard the Akrapovic system is high quality and known to fit well without having to modify the body panels. I have a TiForce 4-2-1 system on my 00 Gen1, had to make spacers for the body panels to get the system to fit right. I found a few places that claim to stock the 4-2-1-2 Akra system, much more money than the TiForce system. I am thinking of getting the carbon fiber cans, should be a nice match to my balck 09 GenII.

Thanks for the help!!

Jim

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

RIMG0039.jpg

RIMG0040.jpg

Back