generation 2 dyno numbers

mister08busa

Registered
how much horsepower can u actually get out of generation 2 busa on the dyno with the alien head exhaust short stacks restrictions removed kn air filter all the lil bells and whistles minus the motor stock block

It could be a little higher (based on my testing and several others) but all bikes are different. Some bikes are Friday bikes, plain and simple... :(

how much horsepower can u actually get out of generation 2 busa on the dyno with the alien head exhaust short stacks restrictions removed kn air filter all the lil bells and whistles minus the motor stock block

Don't run a K&N filter they are worse than OEM but with all the little stuff, 190's are possible on PUMP gas (not MR9/12, etc.) but some are 170-180ish SAE....it all depends on the bike and dyno.

If I were to guess an average for Gen II's with bolt-on's like you're describing, it would be 175-185whp depending on the tuner/dyno

My bike just has the VH header, M4 Retro dual exhaust, and PC5. Stock air filter. It made 181 rwhp with a 200 Shinko rear tire.

Based on testing at JC's, there are a few guys with the exact same mods and there bike made 5-10whp less than mine on the same dyno....and a few made more.

My numbers:

STOCK Shell 93-PUMP GAS: SAE: 175.90 HP 105.61 TQ / STD: 180.31 HP 108.6 TQ

Modded 93-PUMP: SAE: 189.92 HP 111.28 TQ / STD: 194.7 HP 114.7 TQ

MR9 RACE GAS: SAE: 195.65 HP 113.98 TQ / STD: 199.0 HP 117.1 TQ

...and his dyno is by no means a happy dyno. It's actually hurt more feelings than a few local dyno's... :poke:

So no matter what a gen 2 will make more power mod per mod compared to a gen 1?

Of course, 15-20whp+ more... :beerchug:

Got Busa's numbers are spot on. But notice the big difference in power between fuels. You can blame it on corn. Modern gasoline sucks. 10% ethanol fuel has 4 -5 % less BTUs than old gas just because alcohol has half the BTUs per pound than gasoline. That's the main advantage with race gas.

Got Busa's numbers are spot on. But notice the big difference in power between fuels. You can blame it on corn. Modern gasoline sucks. 10% ethanol fuel has 4 -5 % less BTUs than old gas just because alcohol has half the BTUs per pound than gasoline. That's the main advantage with race gas.

The race gas he lists (MR9) makes more hp because it is oxygenated and the bike is tuned for this fuel.

Alcohol makes more power than gas but you have to be tuned for it. Yes, it has less energy than gas so that is why it is necessary to burn more of it.

The 170 was stock with VooDoo pipes(PREVIOUS OWNER).
The 178 was a new set of plugs and TiForce pipe.
The 187.5 was after Johnny tuned it.
All on pump gas within a few hours. No short stacks or any tricks.
chris-1.jpg

well results kn air filter all short velocity stacks x tre brock alien head 192 horsepower 113 foot pound torque i fell every bit of it dynoed and tuned at tupelo performance by chuck wilburn one of the best out there

I got 189hp and 108 ft/lbs after full bolt ons(brocks sidewinder exhaust) except for stacks on an 8.5 inch stretch.Probaby have a few more ponies to the ground with my wheelbase back to being stock.

well results kn air filter all short velocity stacks x tre brock alien head 192 horsepower 113 foot pound torque i fell every bit of it dynoed and tuned at tupelo performance by chuck wilburn one of the best out there

SAE or STD?

Remember the K&N actually hurt you a little, otherwise not bad at all... ;)

I got 189hp and 108 ft/lbs after full bolt ons(brocks sidewinder exhaust) except for stacks on an 8.5 inch stretch.Probaby have a few more ponies to the ground with my wheelbase back to being stock.

SAE or STD?

You are right, the stretch is hurting you a few ponies...

Back