Trac Dynamics Heavy Duty Rear Shock Help

all4sho

Registered
Anyone on here have the heavy duty rear shock from Trac Dynamics (made by Progressive Suspension)? I ordered it about a month ago, and it's in the process of getting installed now. When I purchased it I didn't know it was an 1 3/4" shorter than the stock shock. When it's installed it drops the bike about 3". My dilemma is having it installed with some kind of clearance, it sits way too low. Even with my lowering links back to stock height it's too low. I would love to keep it as low as it is, but I have passengers every now and then. I'm looking for suggestions...especially if someone has the same shock.

TRACSTORE — Heavy Duty Rear Shock

Anyone on here have the heavy duty rear shock from Trac Dynamics (made by Progressive Suspension)? I ordered it about a month ago, and it's in the process of getting installed now. When I purchased it I didn't know it was an 1 3/4" shorter than the stock shock. When it's installed it drops the bike about 3". My dilemma is having it installed with some kind of clearance, it sits way too low. Even with my lowering links back to stock height it's too low. I would love to keep it as low as it is, but I have passengers every now and then. I'm looking for suggestions...especially if someone has the same shock.

TRACSTORE — Heavy Duty Rear Shock

im about to install this. with ext arm. how did you end up?

I have the 6" over Trac arm with Roaring Toyz lowering links. Put the links back up to stock height and it did even come close to even being usable. Had to put the stock shock back in for now,and stiffened it a little more. I've been trying to get in touch with Dave from Trac for a couple of weeks now to see what I can do to return the shock and he won't respond to my voice mails, or emails. GL though!

Whaddya know. Finally got a reply from Dave very late last night and sent my shock back...Maybe he saw this post ???

Whaddya know. Finally got a reply from Dave very late last night and sent my shock back...Maybe he saw this post ???

I hear ya. some venders don't know about customer service. any pics with shock installed. ride height?

You guys all need I believe suzuki sv links. This will raise yer bikes up 2 " I believe.

RSD.

When your making purchases try some of the guys that's here all the time..Most times they can sell it to you, and support it...

I hear ya. some venders don't know about customer service. any pics with shock installed. ride height?

stock link should bring you to -2 inch. put back in the stock ones not the soupys screwed all the way in. soupys all the way in is still -1 inch- maybe if you remove lock nuts off it it will be shock height.

Back