Gas question

MoNoXiDe

Registered
A buddy and I filled up before our ride the other day and when we got to stopping point I said, I am going to need some gas soon. I had maybe a tad over 1/4 tank left. He still had 3/4 tank full. His is a gen 1 busa and mine is gen 2. Not sure on all his specs but i know he has 4-2-1 exhaust. Should I be eating that much gas? Any ideas? Should i look at dyno'ing?

Maybe his gauge is just different.
Of course, a GenII makes more power, it has to come from someplace. Even if you don't romp on it, it uses a little more gasoline. I noticed that when I went from a GI to GII, and a little difference in the gauges, it might look like much poorer mpg's.

you should be able to get around 175-200 miles on your odometer before your light comes on. I average 220 miles per tank and have gotten 240, but I am not usually an aggressive rider. If you are really romping on it, you will get quite a bit less.

So your just telling us by what you seen comparing gas gauges on 2 different GEN bikes?
We need numbers, Go out and ride with him again..
Fill up together before the ride and stop and fill up again after the ride and give us the amount of gals used in 1) Hi bike and 2) your bike

Need a lil more info. Is his tuned? Any tuned bike will get better gas mileage if you're just riding easy.

So your just telling us by what you seen comparing gas gauges on 2 different GEN bikes?
We need numbers, Go out and ride with him again..
Fill up together before the ride and stop and fill up again after the ride and give us the amount of gals used in 1) Hi bike and 2) your bike

Bingo. We have a winner. ^ Ride at least half a tank. Buy the same quality of gas(same price),fill to top in both bikes.keep yer receipt,then do the math.

RSD.

We did fill up at the same time, same octane. If it wasn't such a dramatic difference I wouldn't question it. Is the gen 1 tank larger then the gen 2? I'm not trying to nail it down to the exact science. I just wondering if my bike is eating way too much gas. I figure then 2 tanks are fairly similar and why would mine be eating a half a tank more. I will get the miles per tank and give more feed back.

We did fill up at the same time, same octane. If it wasn't such a dramatic difference I wouldn't question it. Is the gen 1 tank larger then the gen 2? I'm not trying to nail it down to the exact science. I just wondering if my bike is eating way too much gas. I figure then 2 tanks are fairly similar and why would mine be eating a half a tank more. I will get the miles per tank and give more feed back.

You actually want MPG not miles per tank.

gen I holds... 21 L (4.6 imp gal; 5.5 US gal)
gen II holds...the same.

california models (both gen I and II) slightly different...20 L (5.3 US gal)???

...and "nailing it down to an' exact science" as you say...is the only way to tell for sure. Simple equation thou. Miles travelled.Fuel consumed.

RSD.

Back