Juli and I got away for a few miles this weekend.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
We decided we wanted to go to Eureka this weekend and make a ride out of it. So we booked a room and left late Saturday morning heading for Devils Den State Park.

The route we took. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...ken+arr&mra=dpe&mrsp=7&sz=9&via=1,6,7&t=m&z=9

We stopped at a turnout at the park, first stop if the day. We packed a small ice chest with a few waters, some jerky, and some small sodas.

IMG_20130622_142659_881.jpg

On to Winslow, pretty cool little town. We didnt stop again till we made it to Eureka via Huntsville.

IMG_20130622_145408_996.jpg

Juli made short work of the lasagna at DeVitos and we were off to do some shopping. Lots of neat little shops on Spring Street if you have never been downtown to just hang out and look at things.

IMG_20130622_185117_889.jpg

IMG_20130622_191809_811.jpg

IMG_20130622_191847_952.jpg

And our humble abode for the evening. New Orleans Hotel and Spa, quaint little place on Spring Street. Built in 1859 and updated to modern amenities. Highly recommended, but they dont have an elevator in case you decide to stay there. We didnt take any pictures on our way home as we ready to get there, it was pretty warm for the ride home. Traffic on 62 was a nightmare. All in all it was a great little weekend get away for the two of us. Hope you guys had a good weekend as well.

IMG_20130622_200345_327.jpg

IMG_20130622_200808_179.jpg

Any comments on the Bimmer? How are you two feeling about the new ride?

Its a great ride, smooth, fast, and nimble. Lots of storage and all day comfort. I have no complaints at all. Even Juli said it felt like I was flicking it around.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

Looks like a great time , Thanks for sharing the pics . Gonna get back that way one of these days !

glad you guys had a good time and are spending some time getting in shape for a long ride (although i won't be feeling sorry for you riding on that couch! :lol:)

I'm usually not a fan of totally custom Busas, but I gotta admit, yours looks great! I like the color...

:banghead:

:laugh:

Glad you guys had fun :thumbsup:

Anybody else see a pattern here. All the owners of white Busas are buying other bikes :dunno:

:laugh:

Back