Radiator Repair

C-Dog

Formerly cuderdog
Registered
Has anyone ever had their Radiator Repaired?
Mine has a pinhole where it contacted my horn.
Trying to decide whether to buy a used one or have my own repaired.
There's a reputable Radiator shop near where I live that repairs all kinds of radiators for a whole $85.00!
Too good to be true?

Have you tried the sealers? That may fix it or be a waste of time....would the repair shop tig the pinhole and pressure test it? That seems to be a correct safe fix...

Radiators have been getting repaired with good results for a long time now. I'd certainly give that a shot before dumping all the money into a new one. Good luck with it. :thumbsup:

Thanx guys. Had it repaired today. And I ordered a Cox radiator guard. Don't want to be doing this one ever again!

Have you tried the sealers? That may fix it or be a waste of time....would the repair shop tig the pinhole and pressure test it? That seems to be a correct safe fix...
I would not recommend using a sealant on the cooling system that's going to glue up all the coolant gallery's and the water pump. This will make the motor run hot, a radiator fix is the only route out

I would not recommend using a sealant on the cooling system that's going to glue up all the coolant gallery's and the water pump. This will make the motor run hot, a radiator fix is the only route out

+1 on that. Sealants are temporary fixes. I'm never a fan of putting anything solid in my coolant anyway.

Yep... Never use the sealants. Glad you got it fix and were smart enough to put a guard on it. They are a cheap mod that saves you a headache. I had to repair a radiator twice before I was smart enough to get a guard for it, Iol. $85 seems like a steep price for a repair though. I think I paid $40 for mine.

50 bucks for the Strom, something rubbed a pinhole into it. Good to go. It was soldered I believe, wrong color for brazing. +1, keep the crap out of the system.

....did some kind of Aluminum Brazing. Says that he then covers it with some sort of GM epoxy to protect the repair and pressure tests it.
Looks good to me. Hope it lasts!

image-4138785708.jpg

Back