Lets Just Give EVERYONE Guns!

GNBRETT

Registered
anyone who thinks are system isnt a complete JOKE when a mentally ill man who has been committed to a mental institution (7) times can buy an AR15 and 400 rounds of ammo to go on a killing spree at a movie theater and walmart needs to stop drinking the koolaid...:whistle:

our system is such a JOKE! (7) times in a mental institution and just walks into a store and buys an AR15 and 400 rounds of ammo to go murder innocent people. I can definately see why people would not want to enhance the background process when purchasing guns cause we surely need people like this walking around with an AR15....:whistle:

"Despite purchasing 400 rounds of ammunition, Lammers allegedly told police that he feared running out of ammunition."

"So he decided that he would go and shoot people at Walmart in Bolivar," according to court documents. "Blaec Lammers stated that he would walk into the store and just start shooting people at random and if he ran out of ammunition . . . he would just break the glass where the ammunition is stored and get some more and keep on shooting until police arrived. Blaec Lammers then stated that he would then turn himself into police when they arrived."

One rifle was purchased on Monday while the second was bought on Tuesday. Court documents did not state where Lammers made the purchases.

Lammers said he had been to a shooting range in Aldrich to practice using the rifles.

"Blaec Lammers stated that he had never shot a gun before and wanted to make sure he knew how they functioned," according to court documents.

According to court documents, Lammers had stopped taking medication for a mental condition when he began plotting the mass killings.

Missouri police foil mass murder plot at `Twilight show, Walmart - CBS 5 - KPHO

Glad they stopped him, now mental health can pass him back out to do his wildest ...... after a complete and thorough exam of course :banghead:

Background checks are standard practice, the loophole is that the medical system does not pass on the mental history, fear of lawsuits or patient confidentiality. I pay about 25 bucks to have my own background checked every time I make a purchase. I guess we are wasting the process if doctors do not enter the data into the system.

So what I wanna know is where did this guy find 400 rounds of ammo. Everywhere within 50 miles of me only has esoteric stuff and in small quantities. Anything they get in is rationed -- customers are limited to 2 or 3 boxes each. People are lining up to buy when the stores open on their regular delivery days.

Even the ranges around here are rationing ammo & requiring that you shoot it while there.

--Sky

Quick story..... Ive got a friend who is a competitive rifle shooter, he travels all over the country and competes in various shooting tournaments. He is a Gun nut If Ive ever met 1, he's got guns in

all shapes sizes and calibers. But like I said he competes all across the country and he's and avid hunter so he really uses his guns and not just to brag and show off to his buddies or make vain

youtube clips for attention "Hey look at me I'm Rambo lets go shoot chit in my back yard and drink beers" :banghead: He has huge safes in his house that have security pass codes and weigh a frickin

ton and his house has alarms so I know he takes great pride and responsibility in his firearms. He has always been adamant towards owning firearms and not restricting peoples right to own them etc.

etc.. I told him even though he doesn't own a busa he should join this forum because he would fit right in :laugh: Anyways we have had several debates about the subject and mental health and the

checks and balances have been brought up and even though he agreed that there needs to be a more thorough process he still believed that the average citizen should be able to own assault rifles if

they choose to. Well I ran into him the other weekend and he's apparently changed his tune :whistle: Guess he stopped by his favorite gun shop and was waiting in line while this what he described as

a "young punk" was trying to purchase a BushMaster assault rifle. He said the conversation went something like this.... "Hey what do I have to do to buy 1 of those machine guns?" The clerk

responded "its not a machine gun its a semi automatic assault rife, blah blah spare you the technical details" The clerk then asked him have you ever owned a firearm before? "No...." was the

response Various dialogue went on between the clerk and the young man and my friend told me basically the Clerk asked the kid what is the reason why you want to purchase this rifle? He said the kids

response scared him........... "I just want 1 because Ive been hearing about them in the news and stuff and I figured I should get 1 before I cant and I might need 1......" He said he hates to

stereotype but he said this kid fit the exact profile of the the young mass murderers that he seen on the news. Said he talked with the clerk after the kid left and the clerk was telling him how

these people were coming in with no firearm knowledge or experience and buying or attempting to buy all these assault rifels. He said since all these mass murders have happened he said he cant keep

an assault rife on the shelf. Like I said my friend is a gun nut and he was firm on his stance but he said since that day in the gun store and he seen that kid and the weird vibe he got off him and

really sat back and watched how easy it could be for "ANYBODY" to own a firearm like that he's changed his stance. He told me that back in the day he used to be worried about dark alleys/ low lighted

areas with a crack head or criminal low life trying to rob him for his car or flat screen tv but now he said he's a little apprehensive about mall food courts and or a public place where there is a

mass gathering and people can be bottle necked in. We finally agreed that "The world aint what it used to be" times are changing and we need to adapt with them, whats worked in the past isn't

necessarily gonna work now or in the future....... We need to do more

i came up with a way to have EVERYONE have a background check...its passive. the government cannot make any type of database from it for a registry. but there is one problem with it. the GOVERNMENT is the only one that determines now and in the future who is qualified or not qualified!! yes we have laws stating who does not qualify, but since when has the government followed the laws they make???!!! also until we change the rules of confidentiality, mental health issues will not be tracked appropriately...and i DONT TRUST DOCTORS. they label you...your life is RUINED. there must be a appeal process and that more or less does not exist. i, by the DHS statements am a terrorist simply because i believe in my constitutional rights and own guns and speak out about my rights...cant you see HOW WRONG THIS WILL GO???

By the time you get out yer properly stored assault rifle the burgler already shot you with his "Midnight Special."

You cant conceal/carry them.

When you un-load a clip into bambi,aren't you worried you'll chip a tooth at dinner?

Assault rifles...get 'em before they are illegal. :thumbsup: Because they are totally neccesary for the zombie appocolypse.:laugh:

It's hard to have any emotion for these stories anymore...it happens all to often. It's almost boring.Another mall shooting,another school shooting...blah blah blah.

There's those who are for them...and those who are opposed.

I'll let you folks fight this one out again. "Nuts have a right to guns" "No they dont"

"Screen people" "No,against my rights"

"But he seemed so nice" "No he didn't,he was nuts"

'I NEED 400 rounds" "No you dont"

"But what about the Zombies"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good luck in changing anyones beliefs,right or wrong. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

RSD.....

towel.jpg

Stories really old and 5.56 is a better home defense round than almost any other round, ESP the readily available ones. Great hunting gun as the ar platform weighs around 7lbs. After an assault weapon ban and someone uses a less "assault" worthy gun are we going to ban all guns? This old gag is getting old

I would like to know where he found 400 rds as well. I cant find a box of 20 at my Wal-Mart.

You know to be fair and balanced, you should post news stories where guns save lives or foil crime. You are fair and balanced or are you trying to pick on guns? If so why?

IMHO, the OP's original post says it all...the mental health system is failing here, not the accessibility to guns...anyone that's been committed to a mental facility should have that info in a central database so *if* they try to legally purchase guns and ammo, it's flagged as a no-go. This is a reflection on the mental health system and it's inherent flaws...

Still amazes me that so that are anti-gun truly think removing the guns will remove this problem. It won't...if someone wants a weapon, they will STILL get it, just like a druggie still buys illegal drugs... :banghead: :deadhorse:

There are already so many guns out there the debate becomes academic unless you do the following.

Take all of the guns away. This means all! (Impossible)

Return the guns to those who are capable as deemed by a national standard that is voted upon in a direct election. (Never Happen)

Put a system in place where all future purchases and transfers are scrutinized to the same degree. (Made useless by steps one and two)

Enforce the laws!!!!!!!

Gun control did not pass for one simple reason. The existing laws/background checks are not enforced 100% and have zero credibility in the eyes of the American people.

Here's what we can do.

Enforce and strengthen the existing laws to prevent criminals and potentially dangerous mentally ill people from getting guns.
Enforce and strengthen penalties for those who use guns illegally
Ensure people are free to defend themselves with tools equivalent to those criminals have.
Ensure existing laws pass the logic test. Ugly guns don't kill people. People kill people!

And most importantly, provide essential services to take care of the mentally ill !!!!!!!!

Facts

Good legislature will pass on its merits. Bad legislature will fail on its lack thereof.

Decisions based on emotion are rarely the most effective and if they are correct it is usually by accident. Decisions based on careful analysis of the facts are usually correct.

The left wing politicians and media made every effort to bring emotion into this debate to further their own agendas and impose their percieved version of what is right on the American people. I think they call that being reelected.

Their results.....

Record gun sales
Record ammunition sales
Shortages of ammunition and guns
A plethora of State an Local Laws which will not be effective and will make the population LESS safe. But hey, at least they did something.
NO NEW NATIONAL LEGISLATION

Some are too stupid, ignorant, emotional or self righteous to understand how they are being led around by the liberal press and some are part of the problem! Sheeple for sure!

I for one am looking forward to next year when all those folks who bought all those guns are ready to sell at depressed prices. Thanks Diane!!!

lets be clear about one thing...i have my ar because its fun to shoot AND in case of tyranny it is AS GOOD AS A WEAPON AS WHAT ILL BE FACING. and for those who think tyranny wont happen....1. read history 2. look around you. 3. wake up!! oh yea...and 4. BECAUSE I CAN AND ITS LEGAL BECAUSE OUR FOREFATHERS WERE SMART ENOUGH TO MAKE IT CLEAR BECAUSE ITS EXACTLY WHY OUR COUNTRY (AND EVERY OTHER COUNTRY HAD BEEN DESTROYED OR CHANGED BECAUSE OF TYRANNY) WAS CREATED AND THEY DID STEPS 1-3!!

lets be clear about one thing...i have my ar because its fun to shoot AND in case of tyranny it is AS GOOD AS A WEAPON AS WHAT ILL BE FACING. and for those who think tyranny wont happen....1. read history 2. look around you. 3. wake up!! oh yea...and 4. BECAUSE I CAN AND ITS LEGAL BECAUSE OUR FOREFATHERS WERE SMART ENOUGH TO MAKE IT CLEAR BECAUSE ITS EXACTLY WHY OUR COUNTRY (AND EVERY OTHER COUNTRY HAD BEEN DESTROYED OR CHANGED BECAUSE OF TYRANNY) WAS CREATED AND THEY DID STEPS 1-3!!

I don't know if you can tell but I am agreeing with you. The impossible is just that, impossible. Fact! Why waste time on it, it is irrelevant to the problem at hand. Lets press on and fix our problems with real, thought out solutions instead of politicking, fear mongering, nationalist, rice bowl protecting, bleeding heart rhetoric!

this guy isnt even a gun guy. he could probably give a rats azz about the 2nd ammendment but because our gun laws are such a pathetic joke he decided that the easist way for him to carry out a mass murder was to go into a gun store and buy and assault rifle with 400 rounds of ammo and then plot out his murder of dozens of innocent people.

this jackass has never even shot a gun before but because our our pathetic system of ensuring guns get into EVERYONES hands no matter what the reason he almost carried out his plot. if it wasnt for his parents I cant even imagine how many innocent DEAD children there would have been in the next week or year or whenever he got around to it at walmart of wherever else he planned on going if his parents had not stepped in to do the right thing.

the NRA is the worst contributer to our gun problems in this country. they are the ENABLERS. heaven forbit the NRA push for stricter background checks on whack-jobs like this moron. wat a joke!

its not reasonable to think we are going to outlaw guns. not gonna happen ever. but why is it so difficult to keep guns out of the hands of a mentally ill man who's only intention was to MURDER people by purchasing a gun because it was the easiest way for him to carry out his plan. NOT to defend himself or his family but to flat out MURDER numerous innocent people?

I want to know exactly how he bought the guns.

First off, HE broke the law mulitple times buy having a gun in the first place (again, CRIMINALS/CRAZIES don't care about laws, so the only ones who are put out are HONEST CITIZENS who are longer afforded the ability to PROTECT THEMSELVES).

Second, the people that sold him the guns ALSO broke EXISTING laws. EVEN those transfers between private owners (so called "gun show" purchases which have little to do with gun shows)

Third, the young man that wanted a purchase "while he could" is exactly right, and unless he's comitted a felony (and his background check from a dealer comes in clean) then he's entitled under the law to have one. If we were judging people on gun ownership by how they look, a lot of ppl wouldn't have guns (including a lot of honest black - or any other minority - people). The gun shop certainly has the final right to refuse service, but as long as he didn't make a direct or indirect threat (doesn't sound like it) and if his record was clear and he passed a background check then it was a purchase under the law.

Lastly: To the poster that had the buddy with all the guns, I ask this question: "How do YOU think YOU appeared to the dealer when you bought YOUR first gun?"...

In this case the system sort of protected itself as it should, someone of character (mom) knew about it and stopped it.

I don't know if you can tell but I am agreeing with you. The impossible is just that, impossible. Fact! Why waste time on it, it is irrelevant to the problem at hand. Lets press on and fix our problems with real, thought out solutions instead of politicking, fear mongering, nationalist, rice bowl protecting, bleeding heart rhetoric!

.......:clap:

If life gets reduced to hiding in the corner of dimly lit underground bunker eating Wal-Mart tuna drinking kool-aid and obsesively re-counting thousands of rounds of ammo.... you can have it.

If folks who seriously beleive the zombie appocolypse is comming and IS ENEVITABLE I feel so sorry for you. Living in constant paranoia like those "doomsday preppers" is not really living. Sorry,but its not. Unless,its some sort of bizare "hobby" which brings you tremedous joy.(I'll stick with Busa's etc).

You will have to stay holed up in your bunker forever. The minute you step out,someone armed or un-armed will want your tuna.

There will be thousands of people trying to get your tuna. Your tuna wont be safe un-guarded even for a second. You'll have to kill thousands in defence of your tuna.

"Doomsday Prepers" ....you are already dead. You are not living life to the fullest thats forsure.

In this "Mad Max" world you see as TRUE DESTINY,the end is near...we are all doomed. What do you plan on doing for fun? Shooting your neighbours in defence of your tuna will get old and repeditive. :laugh:

If the ENTIRE WORLD gets that grusome and ugly and the only folks that are left are the preppers and the auto matic weapon owners do me a huge favour will ya....

SHOOT ME FIRST. :laugh: All you "Road Warriors" can then shoot it out for the last rusty can of tuna. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yea thou I walk thru the valley of the shadow of zombies,
I shall fear no zombies:For thou AR-15 is with me.
Thy gun and thy Rambo knife,they comfort me,
Thou preparest a table full of tuna before me in the presence of land mines.
Thou annointest my head full of krap. My ammo box runneth over.

Not bad eh ^ ...made it up meself. :rofl:

RSD.

I want to know exactly how he bought the guns.

First off, HE broke the law mulitple times buy having a gun in the first place (again, CRIMINALS/CRAZIES don't care about laws, so the only ones who are put out are HONEST CITIZENS who are longer afforded the ability to PROTECT THEMSELVES).

Second, the people that sold him the guns ALSO broke EXISTING laws. EVEN those transfers between private owners (so called "gun show" purchases which have little to do with gun shows)

Third, the young man that wanted a purchase "while he could" is exactly right, and unless he's comitted a felony (and his background check from a dealer comes in clean) then he's entitled under the law to have one. If we were judging people on gun ownership by how they look, a lot of ppl wouldn't have guns (including a lot of honest black - or any other minority - people). The gun shop certainly has the final right to refuse service, but as long as he didn't make a direct or indirect threat (doesn't sound like it) and if his record was clear and he passed a background check then it was a purchase under the law.

Lastly: To the poster that had the buddy with all the guns, I ask this question: "How do YOU think YOU appeared to the dealer when you bought YOUR first gun?"...

In this case the system sort of protected itself as it should, someone of character (mom) knew about it and stopped it.
it makes no difference what I appreared to look like or what anyone appeared to look like when purchasing a gun. we not debating on whether or not ppl shud get guns based on their appearance. were debating how is it a man that has been checked into a mental institution (7) freakn times is able to go into a gun store and buy a gun with enough ammo to kill 50-100 people!

our background system is a JOKE! we can monitor if people have been in prision but we cant monitor if ppl have been in a mental institution? thats pathetic and when questions concerning our background system were brought up the NRA fights tooth and nail to restrict any changes to the background system currently in play. a background system that obviously does NOT work.

I can assure you a convicted Felon would come up on a background check and the convicted felon may have sold drugs when he was 18 years old and been a model citizen ever since and be FAR less dangerous to the public then this jackass but this jackass is the one ploting a mass murder.

so your saying we have to rely on mom and dad to alert the police if were gonna have any chance of preventing this type of mass murder in the future? most parents are not going to alert the police if they feel their child is a danger to others. they will convince themselves that he will get better or that he isnt sick at all cause they will feel it reflects on them personally. thats human nature which is why we need a background system that removes human nature from the equation.

How you look and what race/color you are is immaterial (EXACTLY correct); that comment was made in response to the other poster..

IF the rabid crazy Anti-Gun people in Congress would have made a SEPARATE proposal to add mental health data (and there'd have to be a 'triggering event' (suicide iteration, past institutionalization, etc. with a means to appeal that justified it) to the existing laws, I think you would have seen the NRA support it and it would have passed on it's own merits. Even I and Chris would probably support it. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if you had to take a drug test.

But that's not what they did, is it? Nope, they went for broke, tried to force their hand and they LOST THE RESPECT OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. We are ALL for keeping guns out of the hands of people who have PROVEN they shouldn't have them; the difference between you and me is that I'm not willing to trample the right of AMERICAN CITIZENS to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS to protect themselves from both CRIMINALS, CRAZIES and TYRANNY.
Considering YOU get to carry one because of your status seems a little hypocritical. What happens the day you have to turn yours in, and after a decade or more of LE experience, you are no longer considered trustworthy to have one too?

Back