PAIR valve route to transmission????

StreetMonster

Registered
Guys I was wondering if anyone has heard of modifying and routing the PAIR valve to the transmission to help with the foaming of the oil? Was told that it would free up 2-4 HP and be a little more efficient on the engine. Just wondering.

Never heard of that one. I would not be in a rush to add oxygen to a trans/crankcase. O2 contains moisture. Besides any o2 that whent in would be expelled by the crank case breather.If yer oil is foaming badly you have condensation in there already.

I would ask the inventer of this mod to put down the crack pipe.

RSD.

Ditto!
Never heard of that one. I would not be in a rush to add oxygen to a trans/crankcase. O2 contains moisture. Besides any o2 that whent in would be expelled by the crank case breather.If yer oil is foaming badly you have condensation in there already.

I would ask the inventer of this mod to put down the crack pipe.

RSD.

Guys I was wondering if anyone has heard of modifying and routing the PAIR valve to the transmission to help with the foaming of the oil? Was told that it would free up 2-4 HP and be a little more efficient on the engine. Just wondering.

Routing the pair valve hose (the one coming from the airbox) to the breather on the engine is an old drag racing trick, and yes, it is something that can free up 1-3 rear wheel hp. What you are doing is pulling air from the crankcase to create a vacuum - this reduces the engine's pumping pressure in the cases. It is an easy and cheap mod - you just have to remember to run a stronger hose than the stock one - which can collapse under the vacuum created. Old school dragracers used to weld tubes into the header collectors at a 45 degree angle and put a one way valve on it; then they would run hoses up to the breathers on the valve covers - this would create the vacuum in the bottom end and free up some hp. It has nothing to do with oil foaming . . .:laugh:

Routing the pair valve hose (the one coming from the airbox) to the breather on the engine is an old drag racing trick, and yes, it is something that can free up 1-3 rear wheel hp. What you are doing is pulling air from the crankcase to create a vacuum - this reduces the engine's pumping pressure in the cases. It is an easy and cheap mod - you just have to remember to run a stronger hose than the stock one - which can collapse under the vacuum created. Old school dragracers used to weld tubes into the header collectors at a 45 degree angle and put a one way valve on it; then they would run hoses up to the breathers on the valve covers - this would create the vacuum in the bottom end and free up some hp. It has nothing to do with oil foaming . . .:laugh:

Well I have learned something. :thumbsup: To read more carefully. When I first read it,it sounded like he (streetmonster) was going to PUSH air after the pair into the crankcase...this makes a little more sense. I have always vented the crank breather to the atmosphere,didnt feel like I wanted those already spent gases as part of my air/fuel mix.But my Busa's will remain in stock configuration.

RSD.

I guess a more appropriate thread title would have been "Routing FROM transmission/crankcase breather to the pair." :thumbsup:

RSD.

Back