The biggest Dog I have ever seen

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Walking thru Lowes a few moments ago. I had to get her to stop and let me take a picture. Photo does not do the dog justice; his body came above her waist when he was walking. His head was HUGE.

IMG_1870.jpg

Not a big fan of Danes over here, but that's because many of them are badly bred. The German Danes are bigger and way more stable. And Irish Wolfhounds are taller by the way.

We're taking 2 lane roads last Saturday from the beach, to my nephews' graduation in Charlotte, NC and stop in this little gas station to whizzzz. This guy comes in and buys a beef jerky type treat and walks out in front of me. In the back of his truck is the largest Mastiff I think I have ever seen. And the guy feeds him the jerky and rubs the dogs head. The guys wife sits in the truck crying.
This lady comments on how much he liked his snack and the guy says "yeah, I always buy him one when we stop, but that's his last one, as we are taking him to be put down, he's almost crippled".

Talk about a heart breaker. :unhappy:

Snapped a couple of pics this morning when dropping my sons off at their Dad's house. This is there Harlequin Dane, Jack...my ex took him when he moved out years ago. He's 175 lbs of nothing but legs and muscle :laugh: And he's a huge goofy teddy bear...

Jack.jpg

Jack2.jpg

Walking thru Lowes a few moments ago. I had to get her to stop and let me take a picture. Photo does not do the dog justice; his body came above her waist when he was walking. His head was HUGE.

Geezz!!!! I haven't had the chance to see one in person but, that is one BIG dog!

My buddy had 3 Danes (his mom was a breeder) walking into his house was always awesome and scary all at once.

I've had 2 big English mastiffs but not at the same time.

Yeah I bet that's what you told the wife why you stopped her.
It was because of the dog honest I swear! :laugh:

My wife got a kick out of Bots asking if that was how I picked up chicks :)

Big dog appetite and big dog poop - wow, but no thanks...

My wife got a kick out of Bots asking if that was how I picked up chicks :)

Big dog appetite and big dog poop - wow, but no thanks...

We live on acres of land in the woods, so we rarely saw the mess they leave behind. If you ever did, it was usually while tripping over it like it's a downed tree or something :rofl: If I lived in the city and were out walking a Dane, that is one dog I would not want to carry a doodie bag for to clean up after :rofl:

I miss my Danes so much :(

Snapped a couple of pics this morning when dropping my sons off at their Dad's house. This is there Harlequin Dane, Jack...my ex took him when he moved out years ago. He's 175 lbs of nothing but legs and muscle :laugh: And he's a huge goofy teddy bear...

That's a great looking dane

Back