Founded by Geniuses but run by idiots

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
By J. P. Long
Food For Thought

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally ...you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If the only school curriculum allowed to explain how we got here is evolution, but the government stops a $15 million construction project to keep a rare spider from evolving to extinction ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor or check out a library book, but not to vote who runs the government ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If, in the largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If an 80-year-old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher’s "cute," but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If children are forcibly removed from parents who discipline them with spankings while children of addicts are left in filth and drug infested “homes”... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing and free cell phones ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If the government's plan for getting people back to work is to incentivize NOT working with 99 weeks of unemployment checks and no requirement to prove they applied but can’t find work ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more "safe" according to the government ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

If you are offended by this article, I'll bet you voted for the idiots who are running, and ruining our great country.

I agree with this 100%, I only disagree with some of the bonehead fixes that people are coming up with. And yes....I voted for Obama.:omg: lol

After reading all the crap going on it almost makes you question the "genius" moniker. They couldn't possibly have predicted all the asshattery that's going on with our laws and lawmakers right now and Ill bet with hindsight they might have thought why bother.

Voodoo I think the founding fathers have already rolled over in their graves long ago.
Still scratching their heads on why we haven't acted?
Guess they never figured for greed and selfishness as well as iPhones, Lexus and other such needs. :)

Blanca, if all the whiners go and live in other countries for a while, especially the new emerging so called economical giants as a start, and then even the good ones with hundreds of years of culture and history, they will realize how good they have it here, hopefully stop complaining and hopefully not think it is run by idiots.

Ask me how I know this.

Where my roots started, the country is not that bad, in fact my daughter still lives there and would not think of living here. Would I go back to live there? Hell no!!! How about you?

I'm not offended by the article, but perhaps a little offended that folks who dare not post stuff like this where their family originated, as it would be high risk to their safety, openly post it here without appreciation for how good life in America still is in comparison.

Jelly I agree and as you know I've traveled extensively and seen the worst the world and man has to offer.
My summary of this country is it is still the best of the worst. We have many faults as mentioned above but the advantages still far outweigh them.

I copied and pasted that from an email. Whether liberal or conservative or whatever the statements above are mostly true. I would have edited out the last portion about blaming who voted for who but I didn't want to change authors original mssg. It's all our fault to let the above have become true. Now are we going to continue down that road or turn this mutha around?

Jelly I agree and as you know I've traveled extensively and seen the worst the world and man has to offer.
My summary of this country is it is still the best of the worst. We have many faults as mentioned above but the advantages still far outweigh them.

I copied and pasted that from an email. Whether liberal or conservative or whatever the statements above are mostly true. I would have edited out the last portion about blaming who voted for who but I didn't want to change authors original mssg. It's all our fault to let the above have become true. Now are we going to continue down that road or turn this mutha around?

We can turn this into a huge political thread, that being the original author's objective of typical party bashing which sure does not help. I'm not biting, no value in that.
We can have counter arguments for each, but let's just take one example.

If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more "safe" according to the government ... you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

Where is an accurate example of this and compare this to the UK, or other first world countries? So, how are you stripped of being able to defend yourself?

VOTE= Verification Of Thou's Enslavement -or- Very Overt Totalitarian Enactments

"Voters" are the problem. What if an (s)election was held, and nobody showed up?

We can turn this into a huge political thread, that being the original author's objective of typical party bashing which sure does not help. I'm not biting, no value in that.
We can have counter arguments for each, but let's just take one example.

Where is an accurate example of this and compare this to the UK, or other first world countries? So, how are you stripped of being able to defend yourself?

Germany was and still is a first world country. Their are seven million folks who wish they hadn't trusted what the govt said back then. Most recent example is the butchering of the soldier over there. While it happens same here the chances someone carrying a licensed forearm and intervening are great here and non existent there. Remember it took police over 30 minutes to report to that scene of carnage. And like I said they are all lucky he was a cheery chap and only wanted to make a statement in the death of one and not many. Had he been bent on killing fifty he could have done it easily.
Everytime they try to convince the masses a smaller magazine or banning a certain type of firearm will make them safer it is an attempt to strip me of my abilities.

Germany was and still is a first world country. Their are seven million folks who wish they hadn't trusted what the govt said back then. Most recent example is the butchering of the soldier over there. While it happens same here the chances someone carrying a licensed forearm and intervening are great here and non existent there. Remember it took police over 30 minutes to report to that scene of carnage. And like I said they are all lucky he was a cheery chap and only wanted to make a statement in the death of one and not many. Had he been bent on killing fifty he could have done it easily.
Everytime they try to convince the masses a smaller magazine or banning a certain type of firearm will make them safer it is an attempt to strip me of my abilities.

That was the UK, not Germany.

So, a magazine limited to 10 rounds strips you from being able to defend yourself? Really?

That was the UK, not Germany.

So, a magazine limited to 10 rounds strips you from being able to defend yourself? Really?

Yes it does as the opposite idea of it making you safer is absolute lunacy.
And I would also remind you of the Korean store owners during la riots on top of their shops with their Ar15s and 30rnd mags. They needed both....

Jelly I don't understand why it's hard for you to understand that how I defend myself should solely be up to me.
I don't need nor do I want the govt telling me how to or how I can do it.

Yes it does as the opposite idea of it making you safer is absolute lunacy.
And I would also remind you of the Korean store owners during la riots on top of their shops with their Ar15s and 30rnd mags. They needed both....

Jelly I don't understand why it's hard for you to understand that how I defend myself should solely be up to me.
I don't need nor do I want the govt telling me how to or how I can do it.

Well, since you mentioned LA, don't move to California, as they have the strictest rules in the nation. Illegal for more than 10 rounds in a magazine for as long as I can remember. Live in San Francisco and no hand guns allowed, even if you had it before. Turn it in or have it confiscated.

Irrespective of who I voted for, they are now in power and I was raised to support and respect authority. You on the other hand refer to them as idiots.

The difference between me understanding you and you understanding me lies in our values. I consider the opportunity to live here and fire my 338 Winchester Magnum a privilege which I appreciate. You on the other hand consider that your right.

Well it is a right given to me by my creator and enumerated in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
So your point is?

They may be in power but I certainly respect no politician who would try to convince me another gun law is going to make kids safer in school. So ok I can carry three ten round mags instead of one thirty round mag. Politicians would have you believe this is safer? Same stupid crap as the soda issue in Ny.

Well it is a right given to me by my creator and enumerated in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
So your point is?

They may be in power but I certainly respect no politician who would try to convince me another gun law is going to make kids safer in school. So ok I can carry three ten round mags instead of one thirty round mag. Politicians would have you believe this is safer? Same stupid crap as the soda issue in Ny.

My point is we have a totally different set of values, so the best thing we can do is agree to disagree.

Back