Battery Charging Issue

I only ride my bike recreationally at weekends and usually only for about 25-30 miles. As soon as the engine cools, I hook it up to a battery tender until the next ride. The red light stays on for at least 10 mins (ie: fully charging) before it flashes green for about 10 mins (>80% charged), then solid green (tending fully charged battery). My question is, shouldn't the battery be fully charged at the end of a 30 miles ride? I am concerned that the bike's charging system is not working properly.

^what year bike? i've read before that roughly, about an hour of riding should recharge your system to full capacity. by the way, welcome aboard.

Grip It and Rip It :laugh: Pull your cell phone off charge when it's fully charged. Plug it back in and see what happens. Now go fix the cell phone that doesn't have a problem. Sorry, but you need to ride more and worry less.

Also I want to mention d.b. that there is a recall on ALL 08's for the rectifier. My charging issues stopped after the swap. Run your vin with a local dealer to see if yours was performed.

Tenders ....tend to delay to diagnose the situation of the battery.Mine ....even after a long distance ride shows that is charging and the light turns to green from yellow after...... 15 to 20 mins .Maybe yours wants to to charge the battery faulty more than needed

Tenders ....tend to delay to diagnose the situation of the battery.Mine ....even after a long distance ride shows that is charging and the light turns to green from yellow after...... 15 to 20 mins .Maybe yours wants to to charge the battery faulty more than needed
Thanks. Sounds about the same as mine.

Back