Tail light doesn't fit carbon undertray by MDI

R4V3N

Registered
Hi All

I have just bought a carbon undertray from MDI on ebay and the recess for the rear/tail light is way too small to fit my original light. :banghead:

Any ideas? :please:

Is there a small/custom light unit available anywhere?

I have contacted MDI and still waiting a response and have looked on their website and no sign of a different tail light :unhappy:

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
kev

Hi All

I have just bought a carbon undertray from MDI on ebay and the recess for the rear/tail light is way too small to fit my original light. :banghead:

Any ideas? :please:

Is there a small/custom light unit available anywhere?

I have contacted MDI and still waiting a response and have looked on their website and no sign of a different tail light :unhappy:

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
kev

Would you mind providing some pictures so we can see exactly what you're talking about?

.............doesn't look like much gets cut away.unlike traditional undertails.

RSD.

undertray-for-suzuki-gsxr-1000-07-08-autoclave-production-su.png

You could maybe try a gsxr 600 or 1000 rear brake and fab up a way to seat it in there. Or just get some red led's and wire up your own flush brake and turn signals. They sell the lights on several sites

not sure how you upload pis to this site so hope this works ???

20130601_000823_zps3d4c89eb.jpg

this is (should be) a close up of the carbon undertray with the/a rear light recess and the original tail light up next to it for size comparison.

any ideas??? and please don't say chop the light unit down :poke: there aint no way thats fitting in there so long as i have a hole in my arse :moon:

thanks all

The 2 types you posted Moe look like yer classic mototeck undertails we all use. That thing in CF is nothing like I've ever seen. I've been looking at sportbike custom parts for years. There is 3 holes in that tail end that have been drilled for a reason,the reason is....I have no idea. Hopefully whoever sold him this item has the lite that goes there aswell. My guess it will be an integrated brake/tail/and turn L.E.D. system because of the confined space.

Anything custom made for that hole has a good chance of looking cheesy. Hopefully R4V3N got some good instructions with it,like what needs to be cut etc.

RSD.

ahhhh top man RSD!!!! good effort bud :thumbsup:

thanks all for ya info and bigs thanks to you RSD :bowdown: think you've just saved MDI from a whole lot of abuse :rulez: lmao

I'd really appreciate pics of how much you need to cut away, and what this undertail looks like installed. It looks exactly like what I want for my bike.

--Sky

I'd really appreciate pics of how much you need to cut away, and what this undertail looks like installed. It looks exactly like what I want for my bike.

--Sky

Good luck on "real life" pics...or install help from MDI . MDI's site blows,and so does the rest of the internet when it comes to these tails.

I had to bust me ballz helpin' out me friend R4V3N find the proper light. I guess you'll have to wait for his install,and hope he posts a good walkthru.

P.S. these undertrays have me feeling like they are a little "sketchy"... I'd avoid 'em like the plague. :laugh:

RSD.

Back