HELP Please...bike won't roll

snbusa

Registered
If I turn bike all way to left feels like brake is binding.

Made bonehead move and went over curb and got stuck plastic hung up on belly. big strong man pulled bike up by front fairing and I heard pop noise....mybe lost some plastic riviets bike was fine going home but noticed problem in garage when parking....too dark and tired to deal with it tonight but will check it out in am.....what to look for thanks,

just occurred to me I might have bent a rotor which would be good so I would have reason to get fancy looking rotors. Also maybe brake line somehow binding in which case was getting braided lines anyway. Last, plastic could be screwed up...maybe take look after wife falls asleep so she doesn't get POd. Thanks

Depends on how hard you hit I guess. Yer "big strong man" may have done some damage. Something might be bent,but my guess is that yer brake hose is now being stretched or crushed in the extreme left position. If a rotor or wheel or fork was bent my guess is it would drag with the bars in any position.You 've got patience,I would not be able to sleep until I figured this one out.

Safety tip for you and anybody that doesn't know. If a good samaritan,or yer buddy,etc is ever going to help you lift yer bike dont let them touch the plastic.In this case,it caused damage. As soon as someone touches the plastic,they are doing it wrong. Lift it by the swingarm (safest point) or the peg mounts,or the handlbars if you have to.

If you are by yourself and stuck on something and have no choice to move it,may aswell pull it back out the way it whent in(the damage is already done).

Good luck with it. And no,I'm not going to laugh at you....well,maybe a little. :laugh:

How did you manage to jump a curb at low speed.???

RSD.

Yep, its minor. Rivets popped and plastic out of whack. Front brake lever rubs against dash area just a hair...enough to keep the wheel from turning. Will fix tomorrow. Have fun ride in twisties with turbo iggie maybe. Can't miss that one.

Was at a bike rally and tried to get out of parking lot by short cut....went over ever so slow...used brake to stop progress too. Just didn't think bike was lower than curb...thanks RSD

btw...after ride with turbo friend...I'm going turbo...set in stone.

I think you better pull back the reins a little there sonny boy. Why dont you log a few thousand more "less-eventfull" miles...then we'll talk. :laugh:

Dad.

Was at a bike rally and tried to get out of parking lot by short cut....went over ever so slow...used brake to stop progress too. Just didn't think bike was lower than curb...thanks RSD

You may have made it,but as soon as you touched the brake the suspension compressed which lowered the bike to the ground.

If you ever wanna try that again...dont. :laugh:
If you do thou...give it a tiny bit of juice,tiny tiny tiny bit,the bike will "stand" taller as the front suspension gets un-loaded...make sense?

RSD.

If you don't know height of bike and rode over a curb and got stuck I'd say it will be a while before your ready for a turbo.

Yep, its minor. Rivets popped and plastic out of whack. Front brake lever rubs against dash area just a hair...enough to keep the wheel from turning. Will fix tomorrow. Have fun ride in twisties with turbo iggie maybe. Can't miss that one.

That's what I was thinking. It happens when people lower there bikes too.

Back