Antidepressants and your guns.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Was reading a couple things and heard a couple interviews which made me think about this. Wondering what you folks think about where it may go as far as what drugs you're being prescribed and whether or not you can buy/own firearms.
Do you think people who are being prescribed things like Zoloft, Prozac and others similar should be allowed to own guns? Is that an area you feel worth discussing or again no compromise on anything?
I'm open to others open comments because my immediate response is no but most if not all of the recent mass murdering shooters have been on some sort of antidepressant and had history of mental problems.

Just thinking that sometime in the future certain states will pass laws requiring proof of what drugs you're on before issuing an approval.

This topic has so much gray area Blanca it could be a continent.
If half the people on meds,or in need of meds had their rights to guns taken away...the gun industry in the US would be over by the end of the week.:laugh:

I guess if you were in favour of banning the med users you'd have to get blood or urine tests and/or doctors input,and thats just not feasible. If a med user wants a gun,he goes off drugs,tells the doc he's feel great,and gets his gun.

I you were in favour of letting the depressed and the med takers have their guns, then....

Thats what you got right now. :laugh:

RSD.

I'm sick and tired of big brother telling me what I can't and cannot do. It seems that everyday there's a new law in place to limit what we can do (for our own good of course). I will always own a gun wither it be legal or not.

I'm sick and tired of big brother telling me what I can't and cannot do. It seems that everyday there's a new law in place to limit what we can do (for our own good of course). I will always own a gun wither it be legal or not.
I agree

If you are adjudicated as a nut case I am okay with some restrictions, however, the first line of defense is the family. I also think the families of these nut cases should be held civilly responsible for their spawns actions. I also think every state should have a Baker Act, forced evaluations and treatment if the family requests it.

I just had to undergo evaluations for traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and PTSD. I was on Antidepressants (prescribed) after my Marriage ended, my father died, Don Williams and Kevin Varner and My cousin Tom passed away... While I was deployed to Iraq. I will be damned if I could be armed every day while in country, on antidepressants, but now be told that I cannot own a gun because I was on them...

Last edited:
My son does the same at VA, 2 roadside bombs in Bakuba in 2006, he is almost 100% back now. I have a TBI from 91, paralyzed for 3 months, took 6 months to get back usable motor functions in all my limbs. Don't overly worry too much about the TBI, if you had a one time event and know the causation, the brain is an amazing organ if you keep it alive and fed with oxygen. When the hyper panic attacks happens just keep telling yourself you are breathing all is well, take deep breaths, not too many though, this is what works for me, took me 6 years to figure it out. I think what we are referencing here is a serious chemical imbalance, not a TBI.

I just had to undergo evaluations for traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and PTSD.

It's a slippery slope IMHO...

Every individual reacts to meds in different ways, so making a blanket decision like this isn't fair to most, nor would it deter someone with the desire to use a gun while under the influence of a med for depression. Unstable humans with a desire are rarely stopped...

I've been on and off antidepressants for blocks of my adult life, and I'll be damned if I think for one second I wasn't still fully capable of making rational decisions. If they want to start taking away that right, what stops then from saying those on antidepressants can't drive, ride, care for their children...being on any controlled substance may affect someone adversely, and it may do it's job and get them through a tough time...that is where our health care professionals need to be responsible for their patients when prescribing such meds.

:2cents:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

I just had to undergo evaluations for traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and PTSD. I was on Antidepressants (prescribed) after my Marriage ended, my father died, Don Williams and Kevin Varner and My cousin Tom passed away... While I was deployed to Iraq. I will be damned if I could be armed every day while in country, on antidepressants, but now be told that I cannot own a gun because I was on them...

Ironic, isn't it...

They pronoun already have the guns, so the only thing that can be stopped is the meds. Yeah, go ahead and take those away, great plan....

Talk to a war time vet...normal is not normal...hand a tissue to a whiner...criminals don't buy a legal weapon

plenty of ppl are on antidepressants. it doesnt mean they are anymore of a danger to the public then anyone else. an antidepressant simply amplifies serotonin levels. SSRI's help you retake serotonin back into your brain. nothing dangerous about that. I wud say its far more dangerous to NOT be on them if your in need of them.

I think control and regulations of the drugs we feed people are where the restrictions and liabilities need to start and stop. Ssri drugs are dangerous. It's a fact and recognized by the medical community. Especially when not taken properly which happens all too often. People get them. Feel better then stop taking then which makes them swing into a deeper depression which basically cause personality disorders. We hold manufacturers of alot responsible for damages caused except drug companies. Funny how the messiahs medical overhaul does nothing up ensure out safety from these companies. Only ensure their stranglehold even further.

People basically have to be proactive and understand fully what and why you are receiving meds for yourself or your child. In today's works of theirs a pill for that and drugs reps/companies pushing their products like its the greatest thing ever is a dangerous time.

Anyone that rides a busa is a crazy bastid and should not be allowed to have a gun !

Rubb is actually waiting for a GUN THAT SHOOTS ANTI-DEPRESANTS...think of the time folks could save not having to go to all those pesky doctor visits. :laugh:

I'd call it "The Pill Popper" :moderator:

Need a heavier dose,Rubb has got you covered... "Fully-Auto-Pill-Popper"...:firing: "Open Wide" ::11

RSD.

Women on meds aka Vabs should DEFINTIELY not be allowed to own guns!

Where's your sense of adventure...:laugh:

"I have PMS,cramps,a headache,hot flashes,I'm depressed and ....off my meds....:firing:MEN

You guys got ballz. Yer stoopid,but you got ballz. :laugh:

RSD.

Back