Local case. Opinions.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
http://www.change.org/petitions/ass...n-18-year-old-girl-in-a-same-sex-relationship

Key to me is that the girl was 17 when the relationship between her and another 14yr old girl happened.
14yr olds parents waited till her girlfriend was 18 to bring it to the authorities attn.
understanding a 14yr old cannot consent to sex with an adult but can she consent to it with a minor?
Has this become natl issue due to it being girl on girl or just on principle?

I am leaning toward letting it go and not continuing the legal process against the 18yr old as if convicted she will be labeled a sexual predator against children FOR LIFE! Basically a death sentence as far as employers are concerned.

So what say y'all?

Happens all the time. I'm sure the parents of the younger chick have been telling her to stop the relationship for a while now and she wasn't listening. Once the older girl turned 18 that relationship turned illegal and the parents put a stop to it. The kids should have known it was going to happen. The one set of parents have obviously been disapproving for quite some time. She'll be convicted just like the thousands of 18 year old boys have.

based purely off what you wrote because I dont have time to read the linky.... it seems the parents are pizzed about their daughter getting it on with another girl and this was their way to end it. My gut feeling is that it should be seen as that and just let alone. Sadly I suspect folks will use it for some political crap and ruin that girls life.

So same as boys who do it should they carry the label of sexual predator for life?
I've seen some 18yr olds who looked and acted really young and I know some 14yr olds who look and act really old.

So at 17 and 14 I don't really see the diff unless I can see the two people involved.
Just seems a bit 'bigger' than it should be to me.

seems like a multi-edged sword. On the one hand the relationship seems to have one set of parents up in arms, while the second set either turned a blind eye or wasn't as involved. Then on another the older kids parents or someone involved, hell even the younger kid's parents should have stepped in and said look you are turning 18, this is looming since they don't like it. And yet another this is a hot button apparently....and the younger kid's parents have the law on their side. Of course this other hand says folks should see this for exactly what it is, tell them to end it, put the older girl on probation that says if she continues contact with the younger she will get the full measure of the court's justice. If she is branded as such, her only hope really is to fight it and have it removed OR go live somewhere else, like change her passport originating country. She'll never get any corporate job in the US with that dogging her (even fast food chains), she'll have a hell of a time getting any type of job or funding to start her own company....hell she probably will get overlooked for secondary education admissions because of it.

I get it from a parent's point of view, you want to have your kids follow your observed "whats right". The younger kid should have listened to them or convinced them she was making the right decision. Maybe her parents need to be more open minded. Maybe there should have been or maybe there was more action taken we dont know about in the past...we'll never know most likely. The problem I have is that it seems they are taking an action that could basically end a normal life for a girl that less than a year ago was perfectly legal. The only way I would have pushed it this far was to have the older kid continue to have a relationship after officially warned by a judge/magistrate/official and violated the terms of that one time cease and desist order.

After watching local nightly news again I learn...

It was a consensual relationship with younger girls parents even taking their daughter over to the then 17yr olds house.
Those parents are not or have not said they didn't know the two were having sex so it's assumed all parties knew. Then as soon as the one turned 18 the younger kids parents sought action.
Lots of stuff we don't know but some we do. Still seems as this is getting blown out of proportion in today's legal twisted world.

The law is the law. Dont like it? Dont do it,or dont get caught doing it.

I dont care for a 17 year old being with a 14 yr old. Be it male/female female/female whatever. You do alot of growing up in those years and I dont think it wise to mess with someones sexuality at age 14. A 14 yr old doesn't have a fuggin clue about anything,let alone their own sexuality. A 17 year old is praying upon someone who hasn't even had a chance to figure life out yet.

But but..."there in love"...love? Really? Blow me.

These 2 dont have a clue. The parents should have put a stop to this if they knew or even had slight idea this was taking place. Parents should have said to the 17 about to be 18 year old..."Look here dummy,you are about to break the law." Some people are so stupid. These 2 girls 14 and 17,you think they kept it all a secret? I'm sure half the planet knew what was going on. Kids at school,facebook,family and friends.

If they are sooooo "In Love" then wait till you are of age. Isnt love worth waiting for? You know,like when a guy goes off to war and the girl waits for him.That kind of thing.

Raging hormones made the decisions for the 17 yr old. Imaturity made the decisions for the 14 yr old.

17 year old should go to jail,have her life ruined,and be labelled a sexual predator. NOT,for being "Public Enemy Number 1" but for being at the bottom of the evolutionary ladder. This chick is so stoopid she couldn't find her own a55 with both hands. She could however find the a55 of a 14 yr old.:laugh:

It was mentioned if this was boy(17) on girl(14) :rofl: < that funny... that this would not be such a big deal. I totally disagree. Some punk on my girl at 14....

Does Rubb even have to go on. :crowbar:

There you have my 2 cents Blanca...sorry you asked now? :laugh:

Interesting topic Bro.

RSD.

Glad for the response rub. I agree with just about all you said.
Yeah I bet like you half the world knew about it. But do we really need to arrest the older girl and label her for life?
Like I said the 14yr may turn out to be the more mentally mature of the two. Both are age wise just silly girls. Don't really see need to destroy the older ones rep and life.

Glad for the response rub. I agree with just about all you said.
Yeah I bet like you half the world knew about it. But do we really need to arrest the older girl and label her for life?
Like I said the 14yr may turn out to be the more mentally mature of the two. Both are age wise just silly girls. Don't really see need to destroy the older ones rep and life.

Sometimes the law has really very little to do with actual law. Cases get decided by the media all the time. Should this girl get jail time,or a ruined life,no she probably shouldn't. There are worse criminals out there to deal with foresure. Her problem is this one has hit the news. Now every man and his dog is going to come crawling out of the woodwork to voice an' opinion. The problem with opions is they are rarely based on fact,more so on emotion.

Some folks are comming up with catchy slogans..."Save her,blah blah blah" others,will want blood. And the news will do an exellent job of "chumming the waters" for both shark and dolfin.

I totally hear what you are saying about the maturity level of people.For example, some men are ready,willing and able to start a family and care for it properly at the age of 19 or 20.Some women too. Some folks have wisdom beyond their years.

But as for the average North American, male or female, aged 15-25....

I wouldn't trust them with a fuggin potato gun.

RSD.

OK my .02 worth. Yes the parents are pissed at the older girl. Yes they are going overboard. Kids are having sex folks. Some at 14. Some younger still. I don't agree with it, but to try and stop it from happening is like trying to stop the ocean from having waves. Don't look now but the have parties now where young girls perform sex acts on boys. Kind of like girls scout badges.

But Blanca I don't think the sexual predator thing stays with you for life. Depends on circumstances. I don't think the courts will let this stay with the girl for life.

But it causes a crap load of problems as long as you are in that category.

And once again I thank God for my vasectomy!!!!

I'll find the link to it if you want but here is another one. I believe it is in Kansas. A lesbian couple asked a close friend straight couple if the man would agree to donate his sperm for their child. His wife was all in favor and the papers were drawn up. In those papers the donor was simply that a donor. All legal and done to everyone's satisfaction.

Baby comes and all seems well......for a few years. Then the lesbian couple breaks up and go their separate ways. The female that got custody, applied for state aide. The state through routine paperwork "discovers" that the biological father (donor), is alive and employed. They promptly ask the courts to force him to pay back child support and ongoing child support. To the tune of something like 56K worth. Looks like the courts are going to approve that.

The law is the law?

Fla is a strange state, most of it is pretty free wheeling with these things, homo sex thing I mean, but they are extremely brutally harsh on child predators, which I agree with. The same rules apply for all sexual persuasions in my opinion, Homos (male or female) are not that special. They want equal treatment, this is equal treatment.

Fla is a strange state, most of it is pretty free wheeling with these things, homo sex thing I mean, but they are extremely brutally harsh on child predators, which I agree with. The same rules apply for all sexual persuasions in my opinion, Homos (male or female) are not that special. They want equal treatment, this is equal treatment.

....and that WAS the sugar-coated version...:laugh:

I like it.

RSD.

OK my .02 worth. Yes the parents are pissed at the older girl. Yes they are going overboard. Kids are having sex folks. Some at 14. Some younger still. I don't agree with it, but to try and stop it from happening is like trying to stop the ocean from having waves. Don't look now but the have parties now where young girls perform sex acts on boys. Kind of like girls scout badges.

But Blanca I don't think the sexual predator thing stays with you for life. Depends on circumstances. I don't think the courts will let this stay with the girl for life.

But it causes a crap load of problems as long as you are in that category.

And once again I thank God for my vasectomy!!!!

I'll find the link to it if you want but here is another one. I believe it is in Kansas. A lesbian couple asked a close friend straight couple if the man would agree to donate his sperm for their child. His wife was all in favor and the papers were drawn up. In those papers the donor was simply that a donor. All legal and done to everyone's satisfaction.

Baby comes and all seems well......for a few years. Then the lesbian couple breaks up and go their separate ways. The female that got custody, applied for state aide. The state through routine paperwork "discovers" that the biological father (donor), is alive and employed. They promptly ask the courts to force him to pay back child support and ongoing child support. To the tune of something like 56K worth. Looks like the courts are going to approve that.

The law is the law?

Hopefully,if these women have any balls (for want of a better term :laugh:) they will take matters in to their own hands...:whistle:
and let the courts do their thing,then after the guy has shown he has paid up,give him his money back on the sly.

I wouldn't bet on it thou...sometimes people with kids feel like the entire fuggin world owes them something. I have a family member like that. Takes Gub'ment hand outs and shi7,really pisses me off. I help create 2 kids,then got snipped,I felt it was all I could afford.

I should go look at another thread before I really go off...:alcoholic:4..........:laugh:

RSD.

Back