Looking for feedback on Meztler M1's and Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Anybody use these tires? I'd like to know the performance of 'em...most especially in the wet. How's the longetivity? How do they communicate? Any suprises?

Just curious. I used to run Pirelli Diablos years ago...I absolutely loved those tires! Now it seems the Diablos have gone and the Rosso II's have replaced them. Never tried the M1's...but I'm curious about how they perform. Yes, I can read the reviews, but ultimately I'd like to hear from the family here. :D

So...any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

PAC

I just tossed on some Metzeler M5's,I love 'em Pac. Only a few rides on them and I'm almost all the way over. The rain grip is awesome aswell,which is why I would recomend them for your climate. I didnt read any reviews,just took a gamble. But here's a review for ya anyway.

When these wear out,I'm gonna go race take offs. I belong to a M/C co-op so I get unlimted tire changes and they have take offs laying around during track season.

Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact Rear Tire Product Reviews

Rubb.

We had a gal at the track today on an R1 shod with Diablo Rosso tires. She was running in the advanced group and spankin those tires pretty dang good. I talk to her at days end about her Pirelli Diablo Rosso tires. She was in love with them. Couldn't say enough good things about them.

There is nothing hotter than a hot chicks on sportbikes. Some guys hate it,I love it. Is she hot Tuff? ???

RSD.

I just tossed on some Metzeler M5's,I love 'em Pac. Only a few rides on them and I'm almost all the way over. The rain grip is awesome aswell,which is why I would recomend them for your climate. I didnt read any reviews,just took a gamble. But here's a review for ya anyway.

When these wear out,I'm gonna go race take offs. I belong to a M/C co-op so I get unlimted tire changes and they have take offs laying around during track season.

Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact Rear Tire Product Reviews

Rubb.

Hmm...so it looks like one vote for the Metzlers. Thanks, Rubb. How far did ya lean over in the wet? Any opportunities to do some quick side-to-side motions when the road was wet? How was the braking in the rain?

I'll be looking forward to a longetivity report, bro. :thumbsup:

We had a gal at the track today on an R1 shod with Diablo Rosso tires. She was running in the advanced group and spankin those tires pretty dang good. I talk to her at days end about her Pirelli Diablo Rosso tires. She was in love with them. Couldn't say enough good things about them.

Hmm...so it looks like there is also a vote for the Diablo Rossos. Advanced group and she's workin 'em good? That's a plus. I'm curious about the wet performance...over here it can be bright and sunny one hour, pouring cats, dogs and kitchen sinks in the next. ???

The Diablos I had before were awesome in both the wet and the dry. Very aggressive tire...it seemed to want to dive right into the turns. Most people may not like that, but I loved it. Had decent lean angles when the road was wet. Nothing crazy...I wasn't blasting through a turn at 80+mph, but got my lean to nearly 45 degrees when the road was wet. My only peeve was that the Diablos lasted about 3000 miles. Wish it coulda lasted longer, but I'll take the grip over longetivity nearly any day. Most especially here.

I wonder...has she ever ridden hard in the rain? I'm curious to hear how they performed in the wet. Thanks, Tuf!

There is nothing hotter than a hot chicks on sportbikes. Some guys hate it,I love it. Is she hot Tuff? ???

RSD.

Yep...there's a lot of sexiness that comes with a girl riding a bike. 'Specially when they ride faster than me. :blush:

Hmm...so it looks like one vote for the Metzlers. Thanks, Rubb. How far did ya lean over in the wet? Any opportunities to do some quick side-to-side motions when the road was wet? How was the braking in the rain?

I'll be looking forward to a longetivity report, bro. :thumbsup:

I will thrash on them hard in the rain tomorrow Bro,give you a report then....IF I make it back. :laugh:

Rubbah-Boots.

On a side note, it looks like that noggin of yers has recovered quite well. I have missed your particular brand of wit, my bruvver. :beerchug: :D

Yes, yer still a bastid. Hehe...

I dont ride that aggressive, and I only got 2500 miles out of the Pirelli's, not a good return for my milder style of riding and normally 2 up. I'll take a less sticky tire and trade for more wear imho.

When you live on the Pacific Rim as Pac and I do,a sticky tire is almost essential. We do get caught in the rain from time to time. High summer is always good,we've had years with no rain for like 50 days in a row.

Pac,you'll like these tires in the rain. Its almost like the ground aint even wet. She didnt slop around for me at all.

P.S. You now owe me a bike wash bruvver. :laugh: ....and I'd prefere the "washers" be bikini-clad. :rulez:

Rubbah-Pants.

When you live on the Pacific Rim as Pac and I do,a sticky tire is almost essential. We do get caught in the rain from time to time. High summer is always good,we've had years with no rain for like 50 days in a row.

Pac,you'll like these tires in the rain. Its almost like the ground aint even wet. She didnt slop around for me at all.

P.S. You now owe me a bike wash bruvver. :laugh: ....and I'd prefere the "washers" be bikini-clad. :rulez:

Rubbah-Pants.

Thanks, jch, dk55. It's as da Rubb said, tho...freak showers are common place. Heck, this morning on my way to work it was nice an blazing. Hour an a half later? Clouds looming...and ready to dump. :banghead: A tires that performs well in the wet is a must...mileage/longetivity must come second. At least for me. :D

So...they turned out real good in the rain, eh me bro? Very, very nice! Looks like I'll be trying out the both of them. Whichever one is cheaper will come first...current tires are only good for about another 1000 miles.

Wait. Did I let the cat out of the bag? ???:poke: Nah.... :whistle:

Oh...and I'll get right on that bike wash. Just lemme find my two-piece. With a thong bottom. ??? :laugh:

In my personal opinion I had the diablos and they were awesome for me the only downside was they only lasted about a year or so .. but that year was greeeeeaaaattt ( tony the tiger) loved that tire ....great for curves a lot of grab .

Hope this helps

Back