Can anyone tell me about Spokane?

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
How's life there? Good and bad? Crime rate? Schools? Traffic? How about Coeur d'Alene, Idaho?

If all goes well, I may be heading there...I'd just like to know what I'm getting myself and the family into.

I don't wanna go in blind. Anyone?

Thanks!

paul

Um they call it Spocain for a reason. As far as quality of life it pretty much blows. There's some nice places in Eastern Washington but I dont remember the cain being one of them.

lol. it's sort of a halfway point between seattle and kalispell. why are you moving there?

Um they call it Spocain for a reason. As far as quality of life it pretty much blows. There's some nice places in Eastern Washington but I dont remember the cain being one of them.

Uhm...ok. ??? I'm lost...what is the "Spocain" reference? Drugs? Is it like a cocaine haven?

And why does the quality of life blow? What makes it blow? How does it blow? How low does it blow? I'm half-joking, but the questions are indeed serious. :D

lol. it's sort of a halfway point between seattle and kalispell. why are you moving there?

Hmm...yes, I was privy to the google maps thingy. Think it was about 4 hours away from Seattle, and about 1 hour away from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho...or something like that.

I may move there for a work opportunity...but Ida-don'tknow (see what I did there? :laugh: ) if I'da-like (BAZINGA!) to move there just yet.

Idaho. Just needed to put that in there...ya know, three times a charm kinda thing. [ARCHERVOICE]I swear I had something for this.[/ARCHERVOICE]

:laugh: As always, me bruvver is succint...and unabashed. :D

"Hit them with the truth" I always say. If they are a bit hard of hearing...I like to use a crowbar. :laugh:

What I would do Pac-Daddy... take a trip there,stay as long as you can,say a week or two at least. Ride the buses,eat at the resturants,walk the streets at night,visit the schools,etc Then talk to the cops,mailman,street people and the folks at the lazer hair removal studio,then you'll really get the goods on what the hood is like. Plus if the folks at the hair removal joint are any good,you could save thousands on goats milk. hahahaha. Drive downtown at rush hour,see if its a living hell,or just really warm in the summertime.

When I was thinking about buying this house I sat outside in my car on a Friday night,just to see what type of strange animals were on the prowl...you know...hookers,junkies,theives... all the fine folk that make up yer classier neighbourhoods.

Start reading the local newspaper,might be on-line. Check the murder rate per capita,the violent crime,and break and enters. All the things you probably dont have to even consider living on Guam.

Check gun prices...get yer concealed carry permit,a tehtnis shot,influenza shot,hepititas B and C,collera,diptheria,asian flu,whooping cough,etc.

Find a house or apartment you might like to live in...make a phoney 911 call,and check police response times.

Cut one of your kids fingers REAL BAD...and see what the wait time is like at the local emergency room.

Find a school yer kids might like,then hang around mumbling to yourself with yer pants undone,see if it even provokes the slightest interest.

Helpfull things like that. Yer Island Brotha...

RSD.

Um, spent a couple nights in Spokane with a young women a few years ago, (Long story but SOoOOo worth while...) anyhoo it's Hot in the Summer and cold in the winter.

It's not like the wet side where we are pretty moderate year around.

BUT, There's tons of places to go shooting (I'll build you a rifle.. you will want one) The Air is good, people are friendly, and it's not too big not too small, to you my Guamanian brother it's going to feel like Metropolis. My impressions were that down town was awesome at the "Davenport Hotel" but the surrounding area right near there looked a little rough. I mean A little TINY bit. BUT it reminded me a lot of the Colorado front range weather wise, without all the Libtardation. Air was fresh and clean, not super humid, and was just kinda nice over all.

To put it simply, I could see myself on 30 acres just outside Spokane with little trouble. It's not an "AMAZING OMFG" place, but I thought it was nice.

Here's a few shot from 2008-9?, I think this was early Spring. From the hotel Davenport looking SE panning to SW

FWIW

8712491725_81f3d97fe0.jpg

8712491779_bfd4b74c99.jpg

8712491639_78d3441f4d.jpg

8713614274_51204700d3.jpg

8713614162_178dd05fcf.jpg

New and old buildings some pretty cool...

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hit them with the truth" I always say. If they are a bit hard of hearing...I like to use a crowbar. :laugh:

What I would do Pac-Daddy... take a trip there,stay as long as you can,say a week or two at least. Ride the buses,eat at the resturants,walk the streets at night,visit the schools,etc Then talk to the cops,mailman,street people and the folks at the lazer hair removal studio,then you'll really get the goods on what the hood is like. Plus if the folks at the hair removal joint are any good,you could save thousands on goats milk. hahahaha. Drive downtown at rush hour,see if its a living hell,or just really warm in the summertime.

When I was thinking about buying this house I sat outside in my car on a Friday night,just to see what type of strange animals were on the prowl...you know...hookers,junkies,theives... all the fine folk that make up yer classier neighbourhoods.

Start reading the local newspaper,might be on-line. Check the murder rate per capita,the violent crime,and break and enters. All the things you probably dont have to even consider living on Guam.

Check gun prices...get yer concealed carry permit,a tehtnis shot,influenza shot,hepititas B and C,collera,diptheria,asian flu,whooping cough,etc.

Find a house or apartment you might like to live in...make a phoney 911 call,and check police response times.

Cut one of your kids fingers REAL BAD...and see what the wait time is like at the local emergency room.

Find a school yer kids might like,then hang around mumbling to yourself with yer pants undone,see if it even provokes the slightest interest.

RSD.

I worked almost 5 minutes on that...and not one laughing smiley. Not even from DO3.I thought that was comic genius. I was gonna apply for that vacant NBC writers job.Guess I'll just stay put. :hide: Maybe I'm just not as funny as I think I am. :dunno:

RSD.

RSD.

You bastid...you had me up to the goat's milk. :laugh: In all seriousness, though...very, very sound advice. Yeah, I'll have to admit...living here is kinda cozy. I mean, we have crimes here, but they're usually not too bad. Of course, we have the thieves, hookers and the junkies...but the junkies are more of the problem. Them and the thieves.

All sound advice, though...even several things that I seemed to have forgotten to pay attention to. Very awesome, me bruvver... :thumbsup:

There isn't much there. And stay away from the Hell's Angels clubhouse on the 1300 block of East Sprague.

Um, spent a couple nights in Spokane with a young women a few years ago, (Long story but SOoOOo worth while...) anyhoo it's Hot in the Summer and cold in the winter.

It's not like the wet side where we are pretty moderate year around.

BUT, There's tons of places to go shooting (I'll build you a rifle.. you will want one) The Air is good, people are friendly, and it's not too big not too small, to you my Guamanian brother it's going to feel like Metropolis. My impressions were that down town was awesome at the "Davenport Hotel" but the surrounding area right near there looked a little rough. I mean A little TINY bit. BUT it reminded me a lot of the Colorado front range weather wise, without all the Libtardation. Air was fresh and clean, not super humid, and was just kinda nice over all.

To put it simply, I could see myself on 30 acres just outside Spokane with little trouble. It's not an "AMAZING OMFG" place, but I thought it was nice.

Aaaaannnd you're gonna leave me hanging like that? C'mon bro...you can't imply that the story is worth it (and possibly very juicy) and then yank the rug! :laugh: Spill it, old friend...I am most curious!

So...is it somewhat drier in Spokane? And how "hot" would hot summers be? And how about the winters? I know I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but does it snow there? And if it does, are we talking like holyf-incrapOMFGwe'reallgonnadie blizzards? ??? 4-story snow banks? If it snows, will my car go careening out of control and then come to screeching, burned-out halt?

Ok, maybe a little overboard with the scenarios, but I'd really like to know...how hot are the summers and how cold are the winters? Does it snow? I'll admit, the big cities don't exactly place high on my list of places I'd like to live. And by big, that's anything with more than 10,000 population. ???

I like your idea...very much. 30 acres? Right outside? With guns to shoot and dirt to ride around on? Man...that's a little slice of heaven right there!

Here's a few shot from 2008-9?, I think this was early Spring. From the hotel Davenport looking SE panning to SW

FWIW

8712491725_81f3d97fe0.jpg

8712491779_bfd4b74c99.jpg

8712491639_78d3441f4d.jpg

8713614274_51204700d3.jpg

8713614162_178dd05fcf.jpg

New and old buildings some pretty cool...

Thanks for the pics, bro...they look good. Looks like it's not too bad...seems kinda industrial-ish. Doesn't look like the most romantic place to go for a walk at night, but it's not like it's the other side of the tracks.

I'm eyeing that bunch of trees on the skyline...looks like a nice place to set up shop. Well, maybe a couple miles out...with about 5 acres. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well heck. Yes it's MUCH MUCH drier than the wet side, thus "Wet-Side" "Dry-Side". In the winter they get snow, it's like a normal winter as in there is snow involved, and it's cold. But it's NOT OMFG, but it's real. Summers get toasty but as I mentioned it's a dry heat, makes a huge difference, so when you see 90-95 degrees it's not like the south with all the humidity making you miserable and grumpy. It's nice and it cools off very well at night, this is what reminded me the most of Colorado's front range. Daytime might see 100deg but come sunset it will drop quickly to 60's and 70's.

Well here, Let me google that for you. :whistle:

Thanks for the pics, bro...they look good. Looks like it's not too bad...seems kinda industrial-ish. Doesn't look like the most romantic place to go for a walk at night, but it's not like it's the other side of the tracks.

I'm eyeing that bunch of trees on the skyline...looks like a nice place to set up shop. Well, maybe a couple miles out...with about 5 acres. :thumbsup:

Yeah, the downtown view I had is NOT the best but illustrated the general layout a bit, you've got I90 running through there East to West, and right downtown might be a little grey, but you are essentially in the mountains... ISh.... Hills really.

there is a Cabella's up in that area. :thumbs:

You're a bastid. You know that, right? :spank:

Don't tell me there's a Cabela's there! Holy crap I'm gonna get divorced! Between the guns, the hides, the bows, reels, fishing lures, lines, camo, trail cameras, inflatable boats, lights, hunting knives, kayaks, canoes, tree stands, scopes, crossbows, shoes and AAAALLLLL the other stuff they have...I'm gonna be broke as a joke and up to my ears in stuff that I probably won't get around to using in at least 10 years!

The mouse is gonna have the staff call her whenever I show up and spend more than $20. She knows my tendency to uh...stock up. Then it'll be the couch for me. Or she'll make me sleep in that "new inflatable boat you just bought" in the garage. :(

Damn you, Cabela's!!! :banghead:

I worked almost 5 minutes on that...and not one laughing smiley. Not even from DO3.I thought that was comic genius. I was gonna apply for that vacant NBC writers job.Guess I'll just stay put. :hide: Maybe I'm just not as funny as I think I am. :dunno:

RSD.

Hehe...not true, me bruvver. There was one! I was kinda curious about the pants down thingy, but I suppose I could give it a shot. :laugh:

Back