Plasti-Dipped My Busa Matte White

InfiniteReality

Registered
Always read about this stuff over past few years, never really thought twice about it. Well, got bored and hadn't done anything with the bike in a long while so figured what the hell.. Bought a gallon of matte white (almost went with firebelly orange) along with the 3500 sprayer. Took the bike all apart, cleaned it and sprayed it all. I wish I had gotten another half gallon of it, but it came out pretty decent. Stuff is stupid simple to do. The lights I just sprayed on top and it peeled right up after it dried.

For the graphics, that's 100% custom.... I made completely from scratch by tracing the stock graphics, scanning them in, importing into CAD so I could trace them (for smooth lines), then exported and cut them out on my wife's Silhoutte Cameo vinyl cutter she uses for her hobby stuff. I probably have equal amounts of time in the graphics as I do the dipping.

Also removed my silver wheel stripes and put some white ones on so it'd all match.

IMG_8326.jpg

IMG_8344.jpg

IMG_8384.jpg

IMG_8387.jpg

IMG_8390.jpg

IMG_8397.jpg

IMG_8413.jpg

IMG_8427.jpg

IMG_8444.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it!!:thumbsup:

The good thing is, if ya get in deep trouble with the PoPo in your town you can just feel off the white and dip another color.

That looks great :thumbsup: i did my wheels in white and was pretty amazed at how strong this thing is if you put enough coats on!

I like it!!:thumbsup:

The good thing is, if ya get in deep trouble with the PoPo in your town you can just feel off the white and dip another color.

Kinda like the movie where they sprayed the white shoe polish off the Ferrari to reveal the red paint underneath. Then... back on the road again... ain't no white Ferrari's around here officer... :laugh:

Looks very good! :thumbsup:

One thing I noticed though. Maybe it's just some road grime, but have you checked your fork seals lately?

I just looked and all was good I'm pretty sure. I've honestly never cleaned my forks so I think it's just grime, I didn't see anything on it when I looked just now.

I loved the silver/charcoal stock paint, but after dipping it in matte white I'm seriously considering wrapping it in satin white vinyl myself. The white just looks sweet and stands out now when riding. Big bonus is that it matches my white Raptor that has satin black bed and hood graphics along with the 20" black wheels I put on it and added the white wheel stripe.

When I took the pictures I realized I left off the graphics by the headlight and tail light. Just traced, imported into CAD and cut some overlays to match the stock graphics to break up the white just a little more. :)

IMG_8283.jpg

Very impressive, IR.....it looks great!! That stuff would be ideal for big mile touring as well.....definately help save getting LOTS of stonechips around the nosecone / front guard area!!

How do you feel the tank will hold up where there is friction on it from your legs? Did you do more coats of the paint at those points? Is is possible to put a clear-bra type tank cover over the friction portions to protect it? This is my only concern about Plasti-dip and the Hayabusa.

Looks great. I'd like to see it up close to see how smooth it is.
Also why do you keep saying dipped when you sprayed it?
Should be Plasti-Sprayed no? :laugh:

Lol, yeah it should be called Plasti-Sprayed! haha!

The finish is pretty dang smooth on it, it's matte white so no shine but there's not splotchy areas.

As far as how it'll hold up on the tank, I didn't put any extra coats on it. Reading on dipyourcar.com forums, basically on a bike all you have to do is do the Quik Wax by Meguiars after every ride and it'll keep it secure on it. I also read where you can actually do Turtle Wax on it too (or any liquid wax) and it'll protect it as well, but only read that for on cars... and yes WAX on plasti-dip! lol

Also when taking pictures I realized I forgot about the decals by the headlight and by the tail light so I cut them out last night and put on there.... Just to keep it as stock looking as possible.

You know after seeing your bike I got to doing a little research on the plastidip. I was not familiar with it, but I'm pretty sure 2 of my bikes are going to get a wheel job, and we will see if the Busa gets some new colors too! Thanks for posting. How much paint did you use for the whole bike? Did you use te cans or buy a sprayer? Any issues at all so far?

You know after seeing your bike I got to doing a little research on the plastidip. I was not familiar with it, but I'm pretty sure 2 of my bikes are going to get a wheel job, and we will see if the Busa gets some new colors too! Thanks for posting. How much paint did you use for the whole bike? Did you use te cans or buy a sprayer? Any issues at all so far?

I spent $200 to get the pro kit with the sprayer. Just the gallon of dip is only $49 though. I got the kit because I can use the sprayer on my fence when we are done building in a year, so killing 2 birds with 1 stone!

Now I got the sprayer, considering spraying the Raptor in Firebelly Orange for fun! Cost should be $150ish for 3 gallons of the dip!

Back