Certifiable

Projekt

Registered
Okie doke....

I've been doing some thinking (Yes, it has been known to happen) and wondered how folks here feel about the term "Crazy".

When have you felt compelled to use it?

When compelled to associate it with a person, what caused this?

If you did hurl that word at someone for some kind of unusual action what was their reaction?

I use it as a term of endearment mostly, usually as a response to an off-the-wall idea or comment.

If I think someone has some serious mental illness issues, I can always select a more specific term from DSM-IV and proceed to avoid them. I don't have that kind of training or expertise.

I agree with LCB, though I know I says "That's just crazy" usually referencing someone that just did something really stupid (dangerous)...

Why do you ask? Someone call you crazy? I own crazy, every single day :p

I regularly refer to low balling customers as crazy. Put them in their place, turn em around and send em home in a new car. Next day they wake up and say to themselves 'boy I had the craziest dream! Dreamt I got slammed into a new car yesterday!' Then they look outside and say to their spouse 'boy that's crazy! Somebody parked a new car in our driveway!'
Then in a fit of craze they realize its their!!! Afterward some crazy son or daughter will call and tell me how the numbers are crazy, I'm crazy and I took advantage of their senile parents because they are crazy!
I just laugh and tell them they are crazy if they think they bring the car back.

Crazy aint it? :laugh:

In order to define the term "Crazy", we'd first have to define what "Normal" is in order to have something to compare with...the hard part though is what constitutes "normal" nowadays?

In order to define the term "Crazy", we'd first have to define what "Normal" is in order to have something to compare with...the hard part though is what constitutes "normal" nowadays?

I agree and also you have to determine what is regionally, culturally and socially "normal". For example, many places consider eating dog "normal" while the bulk of this country would suggest that was, among other things "crazy".

For me, I think most folks have some level of social or mental illness that could be defined by current medical standards. I think a good bit of the people out there cope well with their little things but when they allow it to get beyond accepted "normal" levels people start pointing out that they are a bit off. Of course extremes in anything can be labeled "crazy". The ones you gotta look out for are the truly nucking futz ones :laugh:

Insanity is that which is governed by the majority who consider themselves sane! <<< Your crazy if you don't believe that! ! ! :laugh:

Just look it up in the dictionary. Below the meaning of the word....

you'll see Rubb's picture.

:cookoo:

Rubbah needs :1zhelp:

About 1 out of 4 people are crazy. If your 3 best friends are normal then that "crazy" person might be you.
Luckily only 1 out of 17 are bat shi+ crazy! :laugh:

I agree and also you have to determine what is regionally, culturally and socially "normal". For example, many places consider eating dog "normal" while the bulk of this country would suggest that was, among other things "crazy".

For me, I think most folks have some level of social or mental illness that could be defined by current medical standards. I think a good bit of the people out there cope well with their little things but when they allow it to get beyond accepted "normal" levels people start pointing out that they are a bit off. Of course extremes in anything can be labeled "crazy". The ones you gotta look out for are the truly nucking futz ones :laugh:

This is what I was looking for in a reply. People like to fling around terms like this and others based on something they saw on tv but it takes a Doctor to make that determination. Most people as stated above have certain personality characteristics that could be interpreted as sociopathic or crazy but I think these nuances are a result of their cultural upbringing.

I agree with LCB, though I know I says "That's just crazy" usually referencing someone that just did something really stupid (dangerous)...

Why do you ask? Someone call you crazy? I own crazy, every single day :p

If I had to venture a guess, I would say "Crazy" likely appeared on a Projekt fitness report. Just saying.

This is what I was looking for in a reply. People like to fling around terms like this and others based on something they saw on tv but it takes a Doctor to make that determination. Most people as stated above have certain personality characteristics that could be interpreted as sociopathic or crazy but I think these nuances are a result of their cultural upbringing.
I agree, being locked in the closet your entire childhood had to have some impact.

In spite of all the good people that are normal by general defintions, we are living in a world run by people who are willing to sacrifice their fellow man for thier own desires.

That is where the craziness starts. Example... the 2008 mortage bubble leading to bailouts.

Nothing more than the selling out of the people by politicians, businessmen and women. Untold misery for those depending on a job to support a family that ultimately led to a rising divorce, suicide, and general mayhem rate.

A certain percentage of broken families can be and often are these days an indirect result of fraud and corruption at highest levels in our country.

Reminds me of the speech Micheal Douglas made in the 1st and 2nd Wall Street movies.

The 1st was "greed is good" in the 2nd version he said "greed is now legal"
???

Outside of the Dictionary's definition: I associate "crazy" with something or someone who has said / done something that either has no benefit and all risk or (2) something that has a detriment / risk that FAR outweighs the benefit.

yep...i hear it every time i point out to people they are comeing for your guns....guess who is still sane....

Back