been bugging me

Had2

Registered
Not sure what the deal is exactly but just needed to be said and get it off my chest, its not even about the money but the principle of the thing. Not to long ago someone was on here asking for a part, I happened to have an old one laying around, I went and dug it out and shipped it to them, with a preagreement that he would pay for shipping, and I wouldnt charge him for the part itself, all I asked for was he reimbursed me for shippng. Now all that being said it was less then 2 bucks to ship it, so in the grand scheme of things its definitely not going to break the bank, but im a man of my word and when I say im gunna do something damn it im gunna do it.... im not going to say who this was, so dont ask. Point being is be a man of ur word and do what you say your goin to.... this whole situation put a bad taste in my mouth and am done giving crap away !!!! This place has been a great place with great people and have helped me with a lot of different info and questions but unless u have a good rep on here thanks but no thanks, im done giving crap away and paying for shipping cause you need a part... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE... I hate people who dont do what they say they are going to, and forgetting to send it out is no excuse.... there sorry for those of you who read this and doesnt relate to you at all, but at least I finally got my 2 bucks worth hahaha...

I'm sorry to hear about this! Hopefully whomever it is will make good...

Honestly bud, its not even about makin it right at this point, and never was about 2 dollars, its following thru with what they said they would do, just hate dealing with people like this.. you know? Thanks for your thoughts and concern..

He probably has to a dollar conversion for the country of North Dakota.

Teasin man...just trying to help keep your spirits on the bright side.

I got screwed over by a board member here also. I ended up making it right in the end at my expense but it made me never want to trust anyone.

I am sorry you had that experience. Hopefully you feel better after getting it off your chest. May I add something, and I am sorry if I am off base as I have been known to be from time to time. But.......what if that part you sent was what was needed at the time, and he didnt have 2 bucks to send you? I am not saying that makes it right or wrong and I am not down playing the situation at all. I have been in situations where I didnt have 2 bucks in my account and if I sent 2 bucks via paypal it would cost me 32 bucks after paying the overdraft fee at the bank. A mans word is important and is the tie that binds, if I give you my word I will break my neck to make sure I do what I say I was going to do. Kudos to you for helping a member out with a free part, helping each other is what the oRg is all about. If this has turned you off from helping others I am sorry. Send me your paypal addy and I will forward you 2 bucks to pay the debt.

Best regards
twotone

Another thing (that has happened to me in the past) is that I forget stuff. CONSTANTLY.. I'd forget to send you the money if it were me. I try not to let people send me stuff before I send them the money first. That way I can be assured I'll remember.. :laugh:

And for what its worth, I hope it wasn't me.. :dunno:

Hey I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I got burned in a similar fashion when I sold a guy on here my exhaust. I didn't like the way I had it packed up so I added some more protection so it wouldn't get dinged up during the ship. It ended up costing an additional $10. I sent him a copy of the receipts along with the tracking # and he volunteered to send me the $10. I never asked 4 him to do it. Well that week came and gone and I still didn't receive anything. So I see your point of view as I'm not about to beg, plead, and harass somebody for a couple bucks. Its the principle of the matter when you say ur gonna do something do it and keep your word. I don't let it get me down and you shouldn't either cause I've been helped 10x's more than I've been burned so it'll all balance out in the end. We need good people like urself on here to continue making this 1 of the best sites on the net :whistle:

Take some time to get to know that member, or be prepared for potential letdown. Remember, we all really DO NOT know each other that well unless we live nearby and spend a lot of face time with each other - the rest you are taking on faith. I have a hard time with people not keeping their word also.

The same happened to me. I sent a part to a member I didn't really chat with much and never got the payment for shipping. Oh well, I still send stuff out to people but only to members who post a lot and participate in the org family.

It's possible that they never received the part as well. On at least three occasions members sent me parts and I received torn envelopes.

I am sorry you had that experience. Hopefully you feel better after getting it off your chest. May I add something, and I am sorry if I am off base as I have been known to be from time to time. But.......what if that part you sent was what was needed at the time, and he didnt have 2 bucks to send you? I am not saying that makes it right or wrong and I am not down playing the situation at all. I have been in situations where I didnt have 2 bucks in my account and if I sent 2 bucks via paypal it would cost me 32 bucks after paying the overdraft fee at the bank. A mans word is important and is the tie that binds, if I give you my word I will break my neck to make sure I do what I say I was going to do. Kudos to you for helping a member out with a free part, helping each other is what the oRg is all about. If this has turned you off from helping others I am sorry. Send me your paypal addy and I will forward you 2 bucks to pay the debt.

Best regards
twotone
Ya I talked to shawn about that and like I told him, if he would have told me up front I dont have the money right but can I pay u later, I would have prob just said dont worry about it just pay it forward some how to the next guy, but this guy said multiple times ya as soon as I get it ill send back ur shipping. So it is what it is just had to be laid out on the table is all. Im one of the nicest dudes youll meet but dont mistake my kindness for a weakness you know. Thanks for the offer and thas why I keep comin back to this site cause of peeps like u, but never was about the money...

It's possible that they never received the part as well. On at least three occasions members sent me parts and I received torn envelopes.

No the guy txt me and said he got it and thanked me again. And again said hed send out the shipping

Ya I talked to shawn about that and like I told him, if he would have told me up front I dont have the money right but can I pay u later, I would have prob just said dont worry about it just pay it forward some how to the next guy, but this guy said multiple times ya as soon as I get it ill send back ur shipping. So it is what it is just had to be laid out on the table is all. Im one of the nicest dudes youll meet but dont mistake my kindness for a weakness you know. Thanks for the offer and thas why I keep comin back to this site cause of peeps like u, but never was about the money...

Understood Sir.

He probably has to a dollar conversion for the country of North Dakota.

Teasin man...just trying to help keep your spirits on the bright side.

I got screwed over by a board member here also. I ended up making it right in the end at my expense but it made me never want to trust anyone.
Haha ya that damn conversion for shipping it way up here, in this god forsaken country, that must have been it... hahaha!!!

The same happened to me. I sent a part to a member I didn't really chat with much and never got the payment for shipping. Oh well, I still send stuff out to people but only to members who post a lot and participate in the org family.

And unfortunately thats what its gunna boil down to, make sure your credentials are up to snuff before ill send anyone anything. U know what im sayin.

Another thing (that has happened to me in the past) is that I forget stuff. CONSTANTLY.. I'd forget to send you the money if it were me. I try not to let people send me stuff before I send them the money first. That way I can be assured I'll remember.. :laugh:

And for what its worth, I hope it wasn't me.. :dunno:

I feel that and everyone is human, but he was very adiment about sending me the money and txt me several times after the fact, so maybe he did forget but the way it all went down I doubt. And no bots it wasnt u, haha I would mess around with you if it was, youve helped me out lots in the past... lol

Hey I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I got burned in a similar fashion when I sold a guy on here my exhaust. I didn't like the way I had it packed up so I added some more protection so it wouldn't get dinged up during the ship. It ended up costing an additional $10. I sent him a copy of the receipts along with the tracking # and he volunteered to send me the $10. I never asked 4 him to do it. Well that week came and gone and I still didn't receive anything. So I see your point of view as I'm not about to beg, plead, and harass somebody for a couple bucks. Its the principle of the matter when you say ur gonna do something do it and keep your word. I don't let it get me down and you shouldn't either cause I've been helped 10x's more than I've been burned so it'll all balance out in the end. We need good people like urself on here to continue making this 1 of the best sites on the net :whistle:
Tru story to the very letter!!!!

i feel your pain and so far I have encautered the same issue and I had never turned down and oportunity.. i have send many parts free to others like the old mototek lenses, a full switchback led with relay and 48 smt's undertails and I have alway payed for shipping and only ask for them to pay it forwards as i don't want to be in the situation like you are. hell I even had a member stop by my house while on vacation here and handed the keys to the busa... but thats just me and i really believe that for every bad apple.. there are 1000 that are willing to keep this great site alive...

Send all your spare parts to me, Ill even give ya $2 upfront!! :laugh:

It sucks when ya get burned, the feeling, not the cash.

On a good note, since every thread should have one, both MC Mustang and Phil823 offered to mail me a carb tune to use, MC, IsiahStities and GixerHp have all taken calls from me over the last few days and offered advice and walked me through some maintainence. So there are good ones out there :thumbsup:

Send all your spare parts to me, Ill even give ya $2 upfront!! :laugh:

It sucks when ya get burned, the feeling, not the cash.

On a good note, since every thread should have one, both MC Mustang and Phil823 offered to mail me a carb tune to use, MC, IsiahStities and GixerHp have all taken calls from me over the last few days and offered advice and walked me through some maintainence. So there are good ones out there :thumbsup:
Absolutely, no doubt and specifically some of the boys u mentioned above have gone out of their way to try to make a shiddy situation the best they can, and its fellas like these is why I keep coming back here, I like to be associated with with stand up peeps...that being said im not looking for anything other then getting it off my chest..thanks again to all the stand up people that are the core of this site. And all the people who have taken the time to answer questions from me over the last few years!!!
Its kinda of crazy how one crappy situation can put such a bad taste in your mouth, u know??????

Back