Noob busa exhaust question

Ampz

Registered
I'm a new busa owner. I just upgraded from my 2011 gsxr600 to a 2011 busa. Since it has dual exhaust, wouldn't a new yoshimura exhaust full system etc. require 2 pipes? I don't understand how people turn it into single pipe and don't lose HP. Can somebody explain?

A single aftermarket pipe means that the bike has a full exhaust system, header, midpipe and exhaust muffler at the end. Aftermarket systems flow more air than the restrictive factory exhaust. The bike manufacturer has to meet EPA and other government regulations for emissions and noise, aftermarket systems are marked for track use only so they don't need to meet the regulations, so they can concentrate on making power.

There are aftermarket systems with dual pipes, but that's for looks more than power gains.

A single aftermarket pipe means that the bike has a full exhaust system, header, midpipe and exhaust muffler at the end. Aftermarket systems flow more air than the restrictive factory exhaust. The bike manufacturer has to meet EPA and other government regulations for emissions and noise, aftermarket systems are marked for track use only so they don't need to meet the regulations, so they can concentrate on making power.

There are aftermarket systems with dual pipes, but that's for looks more than power gains.

Thank you very much for the detailed response. I have a much clearer understanding now. From what I've researched and listened to on youtube thus far, it seems I'm going to go with the brock's short meg full exhaust.

Back