Ebay...Beware seller Stevescustom1971

That's good info to pass along. There is a ton of bad swingarm ext. For sale on ebay. The sad part is he has a pretty good feedback score so most would just assume he's selling quality kits :whistle:

I get local guys all the time that have me price out extensions, brake line and chain but when I give them a price on all the quality parts ie Roaring Toys, Spiegler, EK Chain. They look at me dumbfounded and say that the place down the street quoted them half that. My response is usually "good luck with that".... and off they go

It is sad that a race shop would sell junk / unsafe parts...the best customer is an informed one...if they don't comprehend why some parts are expensive talk it over and hope they get it...

1800 sales in 12 months with only 4 negative? Sounds decent to me. I'd have bought one. Assuming I wanted to stretch my busa.. :laugh:

Yah I made that same assumption and ended up buying a kit from him. Everything fit fine operated as expected, except the chain. When I first put the chain on, the tension was normal. After putting a little over 600miles on the chain I just happened to glance at my chain and noticed that there was a lot of slack. I checked it and it had about 2 1/2 inches of give. HOLY HELL!!!!!! on top of that it has a clip on master link which according to a local bike shop "Is not recommended for bikes with a lot of torque like Busas and 14's." Learn from my fail!!!!!!! Just don't want anyone else to go through this problem when it is easily avoidable.

chain.jpg
Showing slack in chain "at rest" :plain:

chain2.jpg
Checking tension........look at all that slack! :banghead:

chain.jpg

chain2.jpg

Yah I made that same assumption and ended up buying a kit from him. Everything fit fine operated as expected, except the chain. When I first put the chain on, the tension was normal. After putting a little over 600miles on the chain I just happened to glance at my chain and noticed that there was a lot of slack. I checked it and it had about 2 1/2 inches of give. HOLY HELL!!!!!! on top of that it has a clip on master link which according to a local bike shop "Is not recommended for bikes with a lot of torque like Busas and 14's." Learn from my fail!!!!!!! Just don't want anyone else to go through this problem when it is easily avoidable.

View attachment 262680
Showing slack in chain "at rest" :plain:

View attachment 262681
Checking tension........look at all that slack! :banghead:

Ummmmmmmmmm yea mine as well make a chain swing with that one. holy cow :omg:

That's things looser than a drunk gal at 3am Friday night. :lol:

Good job with the heads up, the extensions look great, to bad the chain wasn't up to par.

1800 sales in 12 months with only 4 negative? Sounds decent to me. I'd have bought one. Assuming I wanted to stretch my busa.. :laugh:

The feedback may be received once the package is opened or the install is done. It does look good but the problem may not be seen until 600 miles down the road as stated if the chain is not up to par.

Most quality chains are prestretched however I would still expect some break in slack and readjusting needed on the chain after a few miles. It could also be a listing error, but if it is made for a 750 I would think the sizes might be different and of course the strength would not be there.

Doesn't a 750 still come with something smaller than a 530 chain?

I get local guys all the time that have me price out extensions, brake line and chain but when I give them a price on all the quality parts ie Roaring Toys, Spiegler, EK Chain. They look at me dumbfounded and say that the place down the street quoted them half that. My response is usually "good luck with that".... and off they go

Same here man. I priced a quality kit out for a guy and he said I was way too high, and thought I could save him money by splicing in chain, hence having new chain with old chain and having two master links. I asked him what friend of his he would put on a bike that had that done to it. I also told him I would NEVER do that mod. He didn't appreciate my reasoning either, even after I explained the risk.

P.

All extensions are not the same. Personally I use to only use Spencer Cycle extensions. Maybe for cruising around it doesn't really matter. Once you start racing and really putting pressure on the extensions billet aluminum is the only way to go. I've seen a lot of the cheaper brands fail at the track under hard launches.

The chain on most of the bikes 750-1400 are all 530 chains. The tensile strength is what separates them. Lower tensile strength on the smaller bikes. Busa should have at least 10,500 or higher. If stretching it out you want to find something in the 11000 range. When it comes to performance parts and. Your safety just have to think what is it worth to you

Yah just gonna stick to EK or ZZZ chains from now on. You get what you pay for. Better to shell out the extra cash from the get go so you dont have to pay for a replacment part. lesson learned here!

Yeah, I made the mistake of ordering that kit too some time ago, just getting around to putting it on. It didnt come with the slotted bracket for the rt side, only two rectangular peices as shown in the picture. The bracket is needed to keep the caliper mount drom rotating. I have tried contacting him with no response.
The chain actually seems pretty HD. It does come with a clip link though, which I would replace with a rivet on one after the correct length is found.
I ended up ordering the bracket from Troy Fuqua at FTD customs. He was quite helpfull.
I will post how it works out when I get it.

Back